How Do I Heal Bruising Following Restylane Injection? Also, Will the "Duck Bill" Appearance to my Top Lip Settle? (photo)

I had restylane to my lips almost 24hrs ago. The bruising has increased post injection. Will this get better soon? How can I speed healing? Am taking arnica as advised and using ice. I also was wondering if the pout to my top lip will settle. I don't want it to be that obvious. Will I have to correct it? I also have a swelling to my left lower lip that feels like a soft fluid filled sac- it doesn't feel like a lump.Tender to touch. Will this go away? Or is it something that needs correcting?

Swelling following Restylane injection

+1

Swelling following a lip augmentation with filler peaks 24-48 hours after treatment. Swelling can persist for 1-2 weeks, and the final result will be evident around the 2 week time period. I would give it some time for the swelling to go down. If necessary, any excess filler can be dissolved with hyaluronidase. I would recommend speaking with your provider for advice, as they know the extent of your treatment and exactly what was performed. I hope this helps, and best of luck to you.

Restylane injections

+1

The swelling is the worst during the first 24-48 hours.  It should resolve shortly after that.  Arnica can help with the bruising as can vitamin K oxide.  If the bruising is slow to resolve you can also consider laser treatment to expedite its resolution.  Be sure to discuss your concerns with the doctor that injected you.

Anthony E. Brissett, MD
Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Restylane at 24 hours

+1

At 24 hours you are probably maximally swollen. Give it a week or two to improve.  If you feel lumps sometimes these can be massaged out.