Head Tension After Rhinoplasty?

I had a reduction rhinoplasty 2.5 years ago. Too much mass was taken from my nose. It has actually left me with a condition that causes tension in my forehead. The muscles became much more developed and tight leaving 3 vertical lines in my forehead. It has also changed my expression to a much more tense forehead and eyes appearance. I think it is partly cause my now feels as if it was almost removed compared to what I had in the past. Has this happened to any patients before?

Skin wrinkling after rhinoplasty

+1

It would be more helpful if you posted your photos. It is unlikely that what you are describing was caused by the rhinoplasty. Seems that you may benefit from some Botox treatment to the area of concern which should help your tension lines and muscle hypertrophy.

Forehead Tension 30 months After a Rhinoplsty

+1

I agree with everyone else- I haven't heard of this happening before, and doubt that it is realted to your nasal surgery. It is much more likely that something else (aging, tension in general, squinting, headaches) has caused the problem. Botox would likely be very helpful for this. Good luck.

Michael R. Menachof, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Head Tension 2.5 Years After Rhinoplasty

+1

At 2.5 years after rhinoplasty, I doubt that your surgery is the cause of the head tension and the wrinkles you developed. Botox injections may be a good option for you to consider to relax your forehead muscles.

I recommend that you consult with a board certified surgeon regarding that matter who will be able to examine you and guide you to make a well informed decision.

Thank you for your inquiry and the best of luck to you.

Dr. Sajjadian

Ali Sajjadian, MD, FACS

Headaches after rhinoplasty

+1

I doubt that your headaches are related to the rhinoplasty. Tension headaches can sometimes be treated with Botox or Dysport. But this is really more of a medical issue. You might want to see a Neurologist who specializes in headaches.

Ronald Schuster, MD

Head Tension

+1

Head Tension two and one half years after rhinoplasty is pretty rare.  Perhaps Botox of Dysport may be of benefit after consultation with an experienced Cosmetic Surgeon.

Robert Shumway, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Glabellar wrinkles after rhinoplasty

+1

Glabellar wrinkles developas well as forehead wrinkle with squinting and sun exposure and aging. You are prone to all three in Albequerque.A lttle botox will help .The nose surgery in my opinion is unrelated

Richard Ellenbogen, MD