Hcg Diet in Relation to Tummy Tuck?

Hi I met with a ps for a smartlipo consult in July 2012. He persuaded me that smartlipo wasn't the answer for me and that I needed a full tummy tuck for the results I was looking for. I agreed and scheduled for February 2013. At the time of scheduling I weighed 160 lbs on my 5'2" frame. Then later that summer I suddenly gained 20 lbs. I am now on hcg diet and getting good results, hoping to be down to 155 lbs by Xmas. What are your thoughts on these weight fluctuations opposite my planned TT? Ty

Restrictive diets and plastic surgery don't mix.

+2

Restrictive calorie diets (such as HCG) help you lose large amounts of weight in a rapid span of time. Unfortunately, you also lose a lot of protein, essential vitamins, and your body is in a catabolic state. This metabolic state is not condusive to proper wound healing, particularly with a large operation such as a tummy tuck. This very similar to patients who have had massive weight loss following bariatric surgery. In those patients, most plastic surgeons would require a stable weight and nutritional blood tests prior to going to the operating room to reduce risks and improve outcomes. The bottom line is that large weight fluctuations and surgery should not go together. A stable (healthy) weight is your best option with a combination of a healthy diet and daily exercise.

Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Hold off on your tummy tuck

+2

At your height, you are not at a great weight for the TT.  It is not a good idea to be on any kind of a diet going into surgery.  It would be wise to communicate this with your doctor and get the weight off, get off the diet, hold the weight stable for 6 months and then do the surgery.  Good luck.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

Stable Weight Before Tummy Tuck

+1

Even if you could only maintain your 155 lbs, you would be better off maintaining a stable healthy weight before and after surgery.  Ideally, your goal weight should be achieved, but few people achieve this prior to surgery.

You dont mention previous pregnancy/ tu no mencionas embarazos previos

+1

it is difficult to council to you because you dont mention any previous  pregnancy because if you had any one , and also any umbilical herniae and  and any striae you wont need any TT just  an ultrasonic vasser  lipo.

es dificil el  aconsejarte porque en ningun momento mencionas embarazos previos la presencia de  estrias o de herenias umbilicales si no tienes nada de eso es mejor una liposuccion ultrasonica  vasser

Ramon Navarro, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon