Is it Safe to Have HCG in my Body Prior to Tummy Tuck Surgery?

I want to drop weight before my surgery. I am planning on the HCG diet with phentermine. My surgery is 9/14. Is it dangerous to have this in my body. How long will it take to get this out of my body. I am going to start 7/15. Wat cha think?

Dieting is not a good idea before any surgery.

+1

Dieting, particularly extreme dieting, can put you in a malnourished state. To do this prior to a surgery where you will need additional protein stores, calories, vitamins and minerals for proper wound healing is a bad idea. Other complications such as infections and bleeding also increase if you do not have proper nutritional stores to fight infection or to clot. You should think of preparing for surgery as preparing to heal. This is particularly true of a major operation such as a tummy tuck.

Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Weight loss before tummy tuck

+1

The best and healthiest way to lose weight before your tummy tuck surgery is with diet and exercise. Surgery is a stress on your body and uncomplicated healing is best achieved by maintaining excellent nutrition.

Olivia Hutchinson, MD

Wait a little longer

+1

The hCG diet is by definition a low calorie ( 500 cal /day) diet. By definition you will be malnourished. This can certainly lead to increased complications.Your plan to have surgery at the end of you maintenence is ok, but another 2-4 weeks would be safer. Your nutritional staus should be much better by then. Good Luck.

Brian Klink, MD
Vacaville Plastic Surgeon