Does It Look Like I Have CC? (photo)

I am a little over a year post op, I have 400cc HP under's . My left breast has always road alittle higher, now it seems to be a quite a bit higher. can it be that it never dropped? It is a little firmer and move less in the pocket than the right. I had no bleeding, surgery went really well no props at all.

Breast implant position

+1

Hi there,

I don't think it is possible from your photographs to tell if you have a capsular contracture. Being slightly firmer and less mobile may be an indication, it would seem to be pretty minor given your overall shape and result. Even if there is a degree of capsular contracture, I dont think it is contributing much to your overall result.

I think your asymmetry is exactly as you describe, which is to say the left side has not dropped as nicely as the left side, which has left your left breast implant sitting too high relative to your nipple.

This should be relatively easy to remedy, although it will require another minor operation to lower the pocket. Overall you have a nice result and whether you decide to have further surgery will really depend on how much it bothers you. 

I suggest you go back to see your original plastic surgeon and have a discussion with him or her.

Cheers

Richard Bloom

Melbourne Plastic Surgeon

Is this Capsular Contracture?

+1

Yes it could be that your left implant just never "dropped".  It appears that you are very thin and probably have very little breast tissue.  High Profile implants in very thin patients can  give the appearance of a capsular contracture and look very fake.  You would need to be examined in person to determine if you have capsular contracture or not.

Web reference: http://www.danielmarkmannmd.com/category/breast-augmentation-silicone/

Post breast augmentation asymmetry and implant malposition

+1

You do have some degree of asymmetry and it would be helpful to see a pre-operative photograph.  There are several reasons for asymmetry in breast augmentation this can range from pre-existing asymmetry to capsular contracture and implant malposition.  You certainly need a physical exam to determine the etiology of the problem and possible corrective surgery to improve your result.  

?Capsular Contracture

+1

Hello there

You do seem to have some asymmetry there and capsular contracture is one of the things that can cause this .

12  months after surgery is a good time to adjust things as the scar capsule is usually stable . I suggest you go back to see your surgeon to see what can be done to enhance the result .

All the best

Terrence Scamp

Brisbane Plastic Surgeon

#CapsularContracture After #BreastAugmentation

+1

From your photos, it is impossible to tell if you have a contracture as we cannot see where you started. If the implant wasnt placed low enough or you had a naturally high crease on that side then this might be normal. If there is change and firmness, I would be more inclined to believe that you have a contracture. Return to see your surgeon to confirm the changes and decide on the proper next step.

Vincent Marin, MD

Asymmetric breasts months after breast augmentation are almost always the result of asymmetric capsular contracture

+1

The photograph demonstrates capsular contracture on the left side. The history provided confirms this diagnosis. Your surgeon will discuss with you the therapeutic options.

Web reference: http://www.zubowicz.com/subpag,13-atlanta-breast-augmentation.htm

Does It Look Like I Have CC?

+1

I can't tell from the photo if there is a contracture. The Baker scale for breast capsule is as follows--

• Grade 1   soft implant
  • Grade 2   firm implant, no visual signs.
  • Grade 3   firm implant with visible distortion of the implant/breast
  • Grade 4   Same as 3, but very hard, tender implant/breast. 

I see some asymmetry, but that can be from many causes, commonest being asymmetry before surgery. I don't feel that I see any visible distortion. Identifying firmness is not possible on a photo. 

Proper diagnosis will come during an in person exam--either from your surgeon or at a second opinion consultation. All the best.