How Can a Capsular Contracture Come on Only 3 and Half Weeks After Surgery? (Photo)

hello well I'm quite disappointed I had a full capsulectomy done on my left breast on may 24th do too a grade 4 contracture! it is already coming back how is it possible for it to come back on so soon? the day after surgery my breast were symmetrical moved in the pocket freely and very soft. now the pocket is tightening up and the breast is rising, and feeling firmer. can this normal be a process after a full capsulectomy I know I'm probably reaching and reaching far but I have to ask? Thank you

Capsular contracture is not possible a three and half weeks after breast augmentation.

+1

Capsular contracture cannot possibly be present three and a half weeks after revisional breast surgery. Asymmetric size make me worry about possible hematoma. I personally don't believe that vitamin E massage or any other home remedies have any effect on the outcome of capsular contracture.

How Can a Capsular Contracture Come on Only 3 and Half Weeks After Surgery?

+1

I am sorry to read about this outcome. It seems unusual for a new capsule to form and contract so quickly. Best resource will be your surgeon, who can advise you based upon an examination. 

Medical treatment works best early--massage, vitamin E, SIngulair. 

All the best.

Capsular contracture?

+1

It is very difficult to tell from your photos, but it is unlikely that a capsular contracture can form that quickly.

Most likely too early for a recurrent capsular contracture

+1

It would be very early to have a recurrent capsular contracture at one month post capsulectomy.  It is possible that you have a small hematoma or collection of blood causing the early firmness.  Your plastic surgeon is in the best possible position to understand if this is another capsular contracture.  If it is a hematoma then it should be drained as soon as possible or it can lead to another capsular contracture.