Why does my muscle repair swell and bulge so much? (photos)

I am 8 weeks post op this up coming Monday. I had a fulk tummy tuck with MR, lipo of the flanks, back, medial thigh lift with fat graftinf to my butt. I am 8 weeks post op and all though I LOVE my redults I'm concerned about extreme swelling of my muscles where I had the muscle repair done. I will wakeup flat but by the end of the day I'm swollen with a bulge. Is this normal? I do not have seroma because my PS checked. He said it's normal but it serms to be more frequent. I am very avtive.

Why does my muscle repair swell and bulge so much?

+1
Not sure. So best to decree the aggressive activity for a few months to allow better healing////////

Swelling and muscle bulge 8 weeks after tummy tuck

+1
Review are a very active person and it is not unusual as you resume such an active lifestyle that you will have periodic swelling of your abdomen and possibly the muscle repair at the end of a busy very physically active day.  Your plastic surgeon did an excellent job so please follow his or her advice and trust their recommendations.

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS

Muscles edema after tummy tuck?

+1
Hello, I think you look great. Swollen of the subcutaneous tissue remains minimum for 6 months after surgery. You can help with massage (lymphatic drainage) .. Best wishes.

Ricardo Vega, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Bulging after TT

+1
Your muscle repair is not bulging.  The bulging tissue is simply skin and subcutaneous fat that is swollen and central in position.  This will subside with thime.    Be patient and take care of yourself.  My Best,  Dr C

George Commons, MD
Palo Alto Plastic Surgeon

Muscle swelling after tummy tuck

+1
  • This is normal.
  • There are sutures in the muscle and your are thin.
  • The swelling around the surgery may come and go for up to 6 months, perhaps longer.
  • Best wishes.

Elizabeth Morgan, MD, PhD