If You Have PermaLip Implants Would Active FX Be a Concern?

I have smoker lines around my mouth that I would like to have aggressive treatment on, but, concerned about the silicone implant Permalip that I have. They were implanted over 3 years ago.

+1

Thank you for your question. As long as there is good placement, and no part of the implant near the surface, there should be no issues. See a Board Certified Dermatologist or Board Certified Plastic Surgeon for an evaluation of implant placement. I hope this helps!

Bay Area Dermatologist

Fractionated CO2 laser is safe after lip injections and solid implants

+1

I have experience with both active fx as well as permalip implants.  The lip implants should be well away from the implants if they were positioned properly, which I assume they were.  In addition, the implants should be very deep compared with the depth of penetration of the laser.

In summary, you should be very safe.  Certainly speak with the physician who inserted your silastic permalip implants prior to any other surgery or laser resurfacing in this area.

Best Wishes,

Dr. Hobgood

Phoenix Facial Plastic Surgeon