I Am Almost 4 Weeks PO and Still Have to Take Motrin and Tylenol to Make It Through the Day. Is This Normal?

I am almost 4 weeks PO from a full TT with muscle repair. I went back to work last week, but luckily worked from home for past two weeks. I need to go back into office this coming week and still need to take Motrin and Tylenol all day to deal with the pain. I have a desk job where I am sitting for at least 7 hours at a time. My question is: is it normal to still be in this much pain at almost 4 weeks out? Thank you

Post op pain

+1

This is normal for being only 4 weeks out, There is a lot of muscle repair that happens in that procedure, you are still in the healing process. I suggest calling your doctor if the pain is beyond what tylenol is relieving.

Tylenol and Tummy Tuck at 4 Weeks Post-op

+1

What you are experiencing is normal. Once you have had surgery of this nature, it is going to take time to regain your strength. The more you start doing, the more you may have some discomfort/pain. We see this frequently when patients return to work. It is just going to take some time for things to get back to normal. I recommend following up with your plastic surgeon to be sure that it isn't a complication.

Web reference: http://www.lookyounger.net

Hello

+1

4 weeks post-surgery is very normal to still have discomfort. It takes 6-9 months for everything to fall into place and to start feeling normal. You need to make sure you follow up with your surgeon.

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.