I have blephraspasm. I get injections every 4 months. I am now dealing with a bad case of droopy eyelid on my left eye?

I have no photo but it's affecting my vision and everyone notices it. It is very obvious. ThanksI haveblephraspasm. I get injections every 4 months. I am now dealing with a bad case of droopy eyelid on my left eye. This has not happened before. I have had shots for 3 years. Is this the aging process or the blepharospasm? My last shotswere Dec. 4. Thanks

Droopy eyelid after botox

+2

Eyelid ptosis can occur after botox injections for blepharospasm, even if botox is injected into exactly the same locations as previous treatments and you have never had this problem before. When botox is injected for blepharospasm, it is used to weaken the muscle which helps close your eyes. Ptosis occurs when some of this botox diffuses to one of the muscles which opens your eyes, causing a temporary eyelid droop.

The good news is that the problem should resolve itself. In most patients, the drooping goes away or at least gets much better in 2-3 weeks, though it can sometimes take a little longer. Alphagan or iopidine eye drops can be used to temporarily open the affected eye a little better, which may help with the appearance. Ask your doctor about these drops.

Boston Oculoplastic Surgeon