I Have a Deviated Nasal Septum and a Thick Nose Tip, Is It Possible to Correct this and Reshape my Nose? (Photo)

my face is oval, with increasd vertical length, i want to corct DNS and get a good shape and contour to shape iam 22male, Indian

Rhinoplasty and deviated septum together

+2

Yes, you can have a nice result if a deviated septum is done at the same time as a rhinoplasty.  it is actually prefered in that a Board-Certified Facial Plastic Surgeon will often use cartilage grafts obtained from the septum for the rhinoplasty part.  

Specifically, for your nose, I can't tell from the side photo what needs to be done to the tip.  However, whatever type of thick tip you have can be taken care of.  The small bump can easily be reduced.  

Deviated septum and bulbous nose tip

+2

Hi Rami,

The deviated septum is an easy fix. However, the tip may be tricky. In most cases the nose tip can be 'de-fatted', but in others the problem is simply very thick skin. There's not much you can do if it's thickened skin. So, you just don't know until one gets in there. I noticed from your side view that you also have a 'dorsal hump' and that is also easily fixed. You could also benefit from a chin implant to bring overall balance to your face. Ask to see before and after pictures to give you an idea of what can realistically be achieved. Best wishes, Dr. H

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Reshaping the Nose and Fixing a deviated Septum

+2

Hi,

Yes it is possible to fix your septum and reshape your nose at the same time. The dorsal hump can be shaved down and the tip refined. You can have computer imaging before the procedure to see what your nose would look like after.

Dr.S.

Oleh Slupchynskyj, MD, FACS

Deviated septum

+2

From the looks of it I think you should be able to get a very good result. I can't tell how crooked your nose is without seeing the front but the tip looks to be fairly good to start with. You probably can get it done with a closed technique. This would eliminat the outside scar, which, in someone with a darker skin type, would be nice to avoid. Go for it.

Ronald Schuster, MD

Deviated nasal septum and rhinoplasty

+1

The septoplasty is performed for a crooked or deviated septum (the internal portion of the nose) and can be done independently or in conjunction with a rhinoplasty.  A septoplasty will only alter the airflow dynamics of the nose to improve airflow and does not change the cosmetic portion of the nose.  A rhinoplasty can reduce the overall projection of the tip, the bridge, and narrow the sidewalls.  With olive oily skin the patient will require cortisone injections into the super tip area of the nose to give a nice good shape and contour and to prevent pollybeak deformity.  

Rhinoplasty

+1

Removing the dorsal hump and refining the tip of your nose is all possible through a "closed approach", meaning no incisions to the outside of your nose. I find it helpful on the day of the consultation to take photographs of your face. These images can then be altered on our computer to show you what is possible.

Good luck

Richard Ellenbogen, MD

I Have a Deviated Nasal Septum and a Thick Nose Tip, Is It Possible to Correct this and Reshape my Nose?

+1

The nassl hump can be removed and the nose and tip thinned with a rhinoplasty but I would also suggest a chin implant to balance the face.  The chin appears weak on profile which will always make the nose appear top heavy if not corrected.  I use a silastic chin implant placed through a small incision under the chin which can be done at the same time as the Rhinoplasty.

Rhinoplasty and deviated septum

+1

Your requests are common for rhinoplasty patients. You should be able to get a nice result.

Michael L. Schwartz, MD
West Palm Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Yes

+1
You can have both fixed at the same time. This is a reasonable thing to do. See a well qualified rhinoplastic surgeon.

William B. Rosenblatt, MD

Rhinoplasty

+1

It should be possible for some improvement in nasal shape. It would help to see a frontal view.

Jay M. Pensler, MD