3.5 months post op rhinoplasty. Severely upset. How soon can I have a revision? (Photo)

Had a Septoplasty, turbinate reduction and rhinoplasty done alomost 4 months ago. STRESSTED to my Doc that I want the bump on my bridge GONE and I wanted the tip reduced, I felt it was bulbous. Well, here we are and he admitted to hardly taking ANY off the bump and barely reducing the tip. I am very upset and unhappy with the results and I'm wondering how long until I can do a revision surgery? I've stressed my frustration with the doc but he doesn't seem to understand or care how upset I am.

Revision rhinoplasty candidate

+1
It is only been 4 months since your primary rhinoplasty and we usually recommend waiting at least a year before undergoing a revision, especially in the tip area since that takes the longest time to heal. For many examples of hump removal and bulbous tip repair, please see the link below

Revision Rhinoplasty Timing

+1
Thank you for the question and your pictures. I'm sorry to hear that you had an unsatisfactory experience with your surgeon. It does look like there is some residual bump and the tip is still bulbous. Part of this may be swelling at this relatively early stage. In general, it is recommend to wait a year after rhinoplasty before undergoing revision. This is to allow for all of the swelling and settling to resolve. In my practice, I am not quite as rigid and have offered revision surgery as early as 9 months. At this point, I would recommend seeing a handful of consults with qualified, board-certified rhinoplasty experts in preparation for a likely revision this winter.  Best of luck moving forward!

Evan Ransom, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon