Hating my Nose! 14 Year Old Girl.

I hated my nose for four years. I was and still am teased at school for the size of my nose. I can't wait to be 18 and have money on my own. What do u think about my nose? I hate how i have a huge bump when i see my profile and i also hate my big tip, i want my nostris to be closer (my nose to not be that wide i want it to be thin) + i think my septums are a little bit deviented on both sides.

Teenage nose unhappiness

+1

It is normal for people to analyze and critique parts of their body including one's nose. During our adolescence there are many changes taking place. As we mature, the nose grows, develops and morphs from a child's nose into a more adult mature nose. This takes time and some teenagers mature faster than others. If once you mature, say age 16 or so (as an average), discuss this with your parents, and if your nose still bothers you, ask them if they will make a consultation with an expert surgeon to learn more about your options. In the meantime, don't forget that you are unique, and your facial features are special!  Thank goodness we don't all look alike or have the same nose. At the right time,  it may be appropriate to consider surgery to improve form and/or function. But don't be too hard on yourself until that time arrives! 

Louisville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Hating my Nose! 14 Year Old Girl.

+1

You are so young, but if you have a real problem with your nose, you must consult the surgeon, and some other MD, and with yours parents solve this case.

Maria Cristina Picon, MD
Argentina Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty will refine your nose.

+1

Hi.

Your nose can be improved but it does not look terrible.  All young people feel insecure about some part of their body or face.  By all means plan to have a rhinoplasty, but it is not an emergency.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Rhinoplasty for teenagers

+1

It is important for teenagers to be fully mature physically prior to having rhinoplasty performed. Some teenagers are mature at varying ages.  Once the face is fully mature, a rhinoplasty can be performed.  In most females, this can be done at 14-15 years of age.

As far as the teasing is concerned, I would advise to try to disregard this.  Of course, this is easier said than done.  Being a teenager is a difficult thing, as other teens can be mean and tease about many superficial things.

Jonathan Sykes, MD
Sacramento Facial Plastic Surgeon

Hated nose at 14

+1
In a short time you will be ready for rhinoplasty, and with support at home, you can locate a rhinoplasty surgeon and see if the nose you wish for can come true. Until then hang in there.

Rhinoplasty for the bulbous tip and bump, etc.

+1

Rhinoplasty for the bulbous tip and bump, etc. can be done at 14 years of age in girls. See a very experienced rhinoplasty surgeon for the best results.

Such a beautiful girl!

+1

You are beautiful, laugh in the face of those who tease you! We all have things about ourselves we would like to improve... Of course to us these imperfections seem magnified tenfold! I'm not saying that you shouldn't consider a rhinoplasty someday, but your bump, tip and nostrils are not as big or disproportionate as you believe. You say you hate your nose... I understand you feel that way, but unless you have significant breathing difficulties, I recommend you wait at least 2-3 more years before undergoing rhinoplasty. Your facial development may not yet be complete and could still undergo change. Its not simply a matter of obtaining a more attractive nose, but one that is in harmony and balance with your other facial features. Symmetry and proportion are critical in aesthetics. If surgery is done too soon, a revision may be needed later to correct for these potential developmental changes. Trust me, revisional rhinoplasty is not a road you want to travel! Be patient and the result will be worthwhile. The adjustments you seek will most likely need only be minimal/minor and could easily accomplished when the time comes. It will look great! Before the age of 18, your parent's consent will be necessary... plan ahead and consider going to a consultation with them.

Stephanie A. Stover, MD