I hate how wide my nose is: Is it possible to fix it and still look like myself? (Photo)

Is it possible to fix this but still look like myself? I included a picture before and after photoshop as an example.

Great potential for improvement

Thank you for your inquiry!

It seems that you are a good candidate for a conservative rhinoplasty providing you with narrower nasal look that will complement your facial features and preserving a natural look overall. However, without a physical examination it is not possible to provide you with specific details. I highly recommend that you schedule a consultation with a well-experienced surgeon.

It is important to mention that the finest cosmetic results in any particular case are based on a variety of factors, including: the unique anatomy of the patient, realistic expectations, a well-informed and detailed discussion with your plastic surgeon concerning the best options for you especially covering a deep understanding of the pros and cons of any given choice you will adopt.

Please keep in mind that following the advice from a surgeon online who offers to tell you what to do without a physical examination covering the nature and the status of the tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history, and discussing the pros and cons of each operative solution would not be in your best interest. With that in mind, it is the safest and for your best interest to find a plastic surgeon with solid experience and certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery who is ideally a member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons that you will trust and be comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person.

Good luck!!!

Ali Sajjadian, MD FACS

Rhinoplasty Results

Your nose can be narrowed preserving your appearance however this would require a rhinoplasty surgery. Consult with a reputable board certified facial plastic surgeon or plastic surgeon in your geographical area. An experience surgeon who specializes in rhinoplasty surgery would be best able to meet your expectations. Best of luck.

Michael Sullivan, MD
Columbus Facial Plastic Surgeon

I hate how wide my nose is: Is it possible to fix it and still look like myself?

The tip, bridge, and alar base can be narrowed for a natural improvement.

Too wide or just right

Only you and your rhinoplasty expert meeting together can come up with a plan for your nose.  Looking like yourself is a difficult question to answer in the abstract.  Subtle changes are probably the way to go.  You need a careful office evaluation.  I have attached a link to an ethnic rhinoplasty.

Stuart H. Bentkover, MD
Boston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Best is to seek ONLY IN PERSON evaluations from boarded PSs in your city/state. Than you can be examined and determine the =best route to proceed... 

Rhinoplasty candidate

The desired changes can be made with the rhinoplasty procedure. To narrow the wide nose, osteotomies are usually required. Sometimes additional cartilage grafts are placed across the bridge to build height as well.   N inarrowing the wide nostrils is performed with an alar- plasty. Narrowing the tip is performed with suture techniques to the lower lateral cartilages. 

Fixing Nose without Changing Appearance

One can refine their nose without changing their appearance. Please take the time to send pictures as described on my website so your nose can be evaluated and recommendations made.

Natural looking

Thank you for the photos and I think the desired result can be achieved.  I would go on several consults with board certified PS's in your area till you find the right one for you

Dr Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD
Brea Plastic Surgeon