Hate Sculptra Results... Dermatologist Used 2CC in Each Cheek!

I posted before that 1 month after the injection i have huge cheek and temple area and the natural shape of my face has changed (i naturaly have round face with sweet expression, now I have triangular face with hard agressive look due to the huge cheeks and the full temples)

Docters said that it's impossible to be the scultra result as it takes 2-6 months to become apparent. But it's the same if it was an touch up over a area that was injected already 1 year ago therefore has already sculptra?

Sculptra sculpting is done in layers

+2

I agree, that 2cc is a very small amount of sculptra, however depending on where it is this can change a look. Usually clinical results can be sen in 6 weeks. The good new is that sculptra does best when it is layered over multiple sessions and additional treatments would likely improve the results in this case by sculpting the face further to acheive th desired look.

Sacramento Dermatologic Surgeon

Sculptra for cheek and temple volume

+1

2 ccs of Sculptra in a cheek would not do very much at all. With your exclamation, I would imagine you meant to say 2 vials per cheek as that can be very much. This needs to be clarified as it makes a big difference in trying to answer your question.  If you had truly, two vials per cheek, I would still imagine it would take more than a few weeks to obtain volume improvement.  If it is a very quick onset of collagen formation, then I would not be able to suggest a safe and practical way of removing the product as I would think there would be risks with liposuction.

Ronald Shelton, MD

2 CC sculptra

+1

I too wonder if there was only 2cc placed in each cheek as that is not enough to make a huge change after one treatment. I think that one can see much of volume by 6 weeks after the  treatment. One treatment should not do a whole lot unless two bottles were injected in that small area. I can not imagine that that would have been done but you should check with the doctor. 

Jo Herzog, MD
Birmingham Dermatologist

Sculptra Results Take Time to Appear

+1

Sculptra is a sugar molecule and is produced through corn dextrose fermentation. Sculptra is supplied in glass vials and should be reconstituted with sterile water. Sculptra is not a filler but a stimulator of your own collagen which then acts to create volume in a gradual, progressive, and predictable manner. Little to no result is usually seen after the first treatment. The final result takes many months to appear. Sculptra works by causing an immunologic response that results in a controlled "foreign-body" reaction. This causes the new collagen to form which is not apparent for several months and then slowly degrades over time.

It is unlikely that your result is due to the Sculptra injection. Perhaps the needle punctured a blood vessel during your treatment which resulted in a hematoma which has caused your swelling. If this persists you should return to your injecting physician for further evaluation.

Mitchell Schwartz, MD
South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon

Sculptra Results

+1

Please give us more details about your treatment this time and what else you have had placed into your cheeks, how much, and when.  Pictures would be helpful too.  Without that information it is hard to answer your question other than to say that your treating doctor is correct.  It is not possible to see a drastic change from Sculptra in 2 weeks.  It takes the body 2-3 months to form the fullness effect from Sculptra.  Perhaps there is something else wrong?

Yoash R. Enzer, MD

Yoash R. Enzer, MD, FACS
Providence Oculoplastic Surgeon

Very unusual outcome after 2cc of Sculptra but it can be modified.

+1

Do you mean two "amps" rather than 2 cc? 

This is because usually at least five cc of Sculptra is given due to the dilution techniques.

In any event, you can often manipulate the result by "inside-outside massage".

You place one finger inside of your mouth and reach up under the gum so the finger is behind the area of your cheek (It will reach almost to the lower lid) and use another finger to massage and press from the outside. This allows a spreading and smoothing of the Sculptra (or any other inject able).  Typically we recommend 5x5x5. which means five times daily for a total of five minutes, for five days, but it can be continued longer especially when the response is slow.

The temporal area needs the same massage, but of course can only be done from the outside.

We teach for Sculptra and this is one of the finesse techniques we instruct for patients who have any issues.

Dr. Mayl

Fort Lauderdale

Nathan Mayl, MD
Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon