I Hate my Nose. Please suggest How to Correct It? (photo)

I Hate my Nose. Please suggest How to Correct It?

Rhinoplasty

+1

You need to be more specific before you have any nasal surgery. Exactly what is it you hate about the nose? Is it the tip, the bridge etc.? Your posted photos show a drooping tip, a hump on the bridge and further downward movement of the tip with smiling. The standard rhinoplasty of taking down the excess on the bridge to get rid of the hump, trimming the upper edge of the tip cartilages to rotate the tip up and severing the muscles connecting the tip to the lip to prevent downward pull on smiling should suffice.

I hope you realize that this format of posting questions and receiving answers lacks the face to face direct communication required for you to make an informed decision regarding your surgery.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship.

Limitations to size reduction with rhinoplasty.

+1

The size and shape of your nose can be changed,but there are limits.  The skin of your nose is thick which will obscure some of the changes to the skeleton.  Furthermore, as the volume of the nose is reduced, the skin has to adapt.  If too much volume is reduced, the skin just gathers up and looks unattractive.  Video imaging would be a good way to get an idea of what could be realistically accomplished in the operating room.

How to improve a Male Ethnic Nose

+1

There is a lot of details to discuss which you can do in a virtual consult. Make sure you go to a surgeon who can handle your type of nose. In other words, a surgeon specialized in Ethnic Rhinoplasty and who demonstrates a variety of nasal types and ethnicities on his/her web gallery. Below is a link to a gallery example. 

However, the general requirements for a natural correction are the following:

-De-project entire nose (bridge and tip)

-Raise Tip and remove depressor muscle so tip is not drawn down as much during smiling

-Reduce nostril bulk and flare

-Debulk thick skin

-Re-shape nasal tip and re-arrange cartilages to improve angles and shape as well as strength

-Avoid an unnatural nose and one that does not blend with rest of ethnic features.

-Maintain an almost straight profile so that ethnicity and masculinity are not erased.

Make sure your surgeon shows true results and shows a variety of patients with all nasal views not just the profile view. While many surgeons can reduce a hump, it is an entirely different skill to balance severe tip droop with appropriate reduction in overall projection and raising tip.

Good luck.

Dr. Ghavami

Ashkan Ghavami, MD

Ethnic nose

+1

The best way to correct your nose is to have a detailed discussion with your plastic surgeon regarding the specific complaints and wish list that you have regarding your surgery.  Some things can be achieved but some aspects cannot.  Also the best nose job is the one that improves your appearance rather than change it.  

Tito Vasquez, MD, FACS
Southport Plastic Surgeon

Well-performed Rhinoplasty Surgery may be employed to improve the appearance of your nose.

+1

I reviewed your photos:

Your nose appears wide and long, with irregular contours, a large hump, and a dependent, droopy tip. Nearly all of these features may be improved with well-performed rhinoplasty techniques.

You may want to consult several reputable rhinoplasty specialists to see what you might expect to achieve after surgery. Computer-imaging may be helpful for visualizing what to expect.

Hope this helps.

Dr. Joseph

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Best options to refine your nose with surgery - rhinoplasty

+1

The goals of rhinoplasty surgery are to subtly modify the shape of your nose to bring it into better balance for your face. This varies from individual to individual depending on your ethnic background, race, sex, height, other facial features and a whole host of other factors. That is why it is important to find a surgeon that you feel comfortable with, and one that is on the same page as you.

In general, my suggestions to you would be to have a procedure that would:

- decrease the overall size of your nose

- reduce the hump on the side profile

- rotate the nose upwards a little bit to reduce the droopiness of the tip

Other goals would be to:

- narrow the nostrils

- subtly shape the tip to decrease width and nostril size

Remember that when making these fine changes, your surgeon should also be thinking about preserving your breathing so that your nose functions well. 

Dr. Jamil Asaria

FACE Cosmetic Surgery

Toronto, Canada

Jamil Asaria, MD
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty for Men

+1

It is great that you have shared photos. From a nose surgeon's stand point, you have an exciting nose. In the frontal view, it would be best to have a less long appearance of the nose, narrower bridge and alar base (base of nose) while still maintaining it's masculine presence. The exaggeration of the width when smiling ought to be significantly decreased. From the profile view, your entire nose projects too far out from your face. This should be addressed by lowering the bridge, shortening the nose and improving tip support. In male rhinoplasty, and in particular in your case, an over projected and pointy tip should be avoided as it could make your chin appear too projected.

Ramin Behmand, MD

Rhinoplasty

+1

The goal of rhinoplasty surgery si to improve the shape and preserve function and ethnicity.  When you go for a rhinoplasty consult discuss your desires for improvement and go from there.  Good luck.

I hate my nose

+1

Don't hate it, get it fixed!. You have a short upper lip, acute nasolabial angle, wide droopy tip and wide prominent dorsum. These  are all areas that can be improved and changed with rhinoplasty. How much change you would like is something you can work out with your doctor before hand with computer imaging. This will allow you to see how different you would look with varying amounts of change to each area. Good luck!

Michael L. Schwartz, MD
West Palm Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Male rhinopasty

+1

The primary goal of every rhinoplasty is and should be to improve or restore breathing.  You tip is very droopy and without looking inside your nose, I would guess that rotating you tip would improve not only the appearance but also your breathing.  You would need a lot of support in the columellar area as your nose appears to have very large heavy lateral crura.  Reducing and narrowing the dorsum  (hump) of your nose would improve your profile.  

Mark Ginsburg, DO
Media Facial Plastic Surgeon