I Hate my Nose It Bends Downwards and Looks Like a Beak...how Can I Fix It?

Looks like a beak.

Rhinoplasty for drooping tip

+1

The rhinoplasty procedure involves elevating  and refining the tip along with cartilage dorsal hump removal to give balance. Once the hump is removed osteotomies will usually be required to narrow the bridge line. Many drooping tips also have a depressor septi ligament present which when released at the time of the rhinoplasty, will prevent the tip from drooping upon smiling. All this can be performed by closed rhinoplasty techniques as an outpatient procedure. Please see the link below for examples similar to your own.

+1

If the tip of your nose droops "like a beak" the only reliable solution is rhinoplasty which can be used to change both the shape and size of the nose. Seek several consultations with plastic surgeons that specialize in rhinoplasty. I hope my answer is helpful to you.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Weber Facial Plastic Surgery

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nose Reshaping

+1

Hi Lil.  You may be a candidate for rhinoplasty (nose reshaping).  Select a surgeon with excellent credentials, one whom you feel comfortable with and who can display multiple before and after photos of actual patients with similar concerns.  I hope this is helpful and best wishes.  Regards, Andy Shah MD.

Anand G. Shah, MD
San Antonio Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nose Looks Like A Beak

+1

Sounds like you are an excellent candidate for a Rhinoplasty.  Schedule a consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon for an exam, and to discuss your concerns and expectations.  Best wishes !

Robert E. Zaworski, MD