I Hate My Nose 2 Weeks After Rhinoplasty, Will it Get Better? (photo)

I had a rhinoplasty 2 weeks ago to remove a hump, narrow the bridge, and define the tip. The bridge is really narrow now and the tip is really long and hanging. It looks like I have a sausage on my nose and it really stands out and creates a terrible shadow and doesn't match with my nostrils. What do you think? Will it get better? I'm so sad!

2 weeks after rhino, I do not like my results, should I be worried?

+2

Rhinoplasty is a procedure were results take months to a year at least, your nose will change a lot over the next few months, in addition you have what looks to be very thick skin which will add to the length of time over which your changes will occur. I would encourage you to discuss your concerns with your surgeon and continue to be patient, hope this helps.

Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon

Aesthetic Rhinoplasty Recovery Is A Long Process

+2

When you have structural facial surgery, like a rhinoplasty, it can be difficult going through the recovery process. At two weeks after surgery, however, you are way too early to draw any conclusions about what the final result will be. Aesthetic recovery from rhinoplasty is a process of months and even up to a year after surgery to truly see the details of the outcome. While two weeks seems like a long time, it is but just the beginning of rhinoplasty recovery. You are still considerably swollen and most of the nasal features are still very distorted. You should not even begin to critique your nose before 6 to 8 weeks after surgery and realize that even then you have a long way to go. 

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Regrets after rhinoplasty

+2

Based on your photos you look quite well at two weeks. Few would wish to go back to the 'before'. Computer imaging prior to surgery to try out the new 'look' can be very helpful to avoid surprise and regret. We think your nose is just fine, though you are the most important one.

Two Week Rhinoplasty Result

+1

Your nose looks very good 2 weeks after a rhinoplasty. It is impossible to judge your result at this time. Patience is necessary. It wiil change as healing progresses.

Based on your limited photos, you appear to have a nice result only 2 weeks after Rhinoplasty Surgery.

+1

I read your concerns and reviewed your photos:

2 weeks is way too soon to judge your final result. You appear to have thick skin which may hold swelling longer than thin skin. If you're still unhappy with your appearance in a month, feel free to re-ask your query with additional photos.

Hope this helps.

Dr. Joseph

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nose 2 Weeks After Rhinoplasty

+1

2 weeks post surgery is still very early for you to judge the results of your surgery - be patient and follow up with your surgeon

Sam Naficy, MD

I Hate My Nose 2 Weeks After Rhinoplasty, Will it Get Better?

+1

I think you should ask the Rhinoplasty Surgeon that did your Rhinoplasty that question.