I Hate my Jawline. What's Wrong with It? (photo)

My side profile is terrible. I have never had a defined jaw/chin and I hate it. What can I do to improve this?

Hate the jawline

+1

You might benefit from a chin implant with possible under the chin liposuction.  I am not sure that a lifting procedure is necessary at this time.

Saint Petersburg Oculoplastic Surgeon

Hates her chin

+1

You would benefit from liposuction of the neck area and either fat grafting of the chin or a chin implant. This would greatly improve your profile and give you more of a sculpted look.

Kurtis Martin, MD
Cincinnati Plastic Surgeon

Chin implant and neck lift for more defined jawline

+1
  A chin implant  could be inserted over the mandible to give more projection and width to the chin area. A neck lift with liposuction( no skin removal) would address removing fat above and below the platysma muscle in the neck along with a platysma-plasty to give more definition in the neck. Please see the  link below  to our neck lift photo gallery

Jawline

+1

You may benefit from a chin implant or genioplasty.  Liposuction of the neck would also improve your profile.  Donald R. Nunn MD  Atlanta Plastic Surgeon.

Donald Nunn, MD

Chin-Jawline Implant for Improved Facial Profile

+1

Ideally what you are looking for is an extended chin implant that encompasses the whole jawline back to the angles. This would not only give you more chin projection but would make a more defined jawline beyond that of just the chin.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Jaw profile improvement

+1

one would need to see more images; but generally, the jawline is dependent upon the width of the jaw, the projection of the chin and the height of the chin. As well, if the width of the jaw is too narrow, the 'neck' under the jaw blends with the face above and you have no definition. So one can use liposculpture to trim the tissue under the jawline; and augment the jawline carefully to keep a balance with the rest of your facial bones. Chin osteotomies are needed to actually change the projection And height at the same time

Gerald Wittenberg, MSc, DMD
Vancouver Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon