I Really Hate My Chin/nose, What's The Age Requirement To Get This Fixed?

I'm currently 15 years old, and I really hate my chin and nose. I feel as if they're both too big, and not at all flattering. How old would I need to be for both Rhinoplasty and Genioplasty? How much would both of these cost, too? I would also like a lip augmentation, but that's the least of my problems.

Youngest Age For a Female Rhinoplasty and Chin Implant

+2

Young women must be both physically and mentally mature to undergo a rhinoplasty.  Mentally, they have to be able to understand the seriousness, risks, and alternatives of the procedure.  Physically, women that have started their menstrual cycle are typically ready.  I hope this helps.  

Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

Fifteen years old is fine for Septorhinoplasty and Chin

+2
The majority of patients have a mature nose by age 15 to 16. A direct examination would be helpful in proper diagnosis. Your parents will need to be present during your consultation due to your being a minor. These procedures are done in conjunction with each other. As far as fees go these vary from surgeon to surgeon and location as well. These procedures when done in skilled hands will help increase your self esteem thus providing you a better quality of life.

Michael Elam, MD

Chin and Nose Reduction

+2

Nasal and chin surgery are appropriate for most 15 year old ladies who are physically mature. Both can be reduced if necessary during the same operation. Cost will depend on what is done and the experience of your surgeon. You will need your parents' permission for surgery. Pictures would be helpful for us to recommend what should be done.

Age for rhinoplasty and chin enhancement

+1

I prefer to do this procedure at an age of physical and mental maturity.  This , of course, can vary tremendously.  Your age alone would not be a hinderance to an assessment and consultation.

Talmage Raine MD FACS

Talmage J. Raine, MD

Under 18 Chin/Nose #nosejob

+1

Certainly your nasal and chin structures are mature enough to undergo surgery. You need to make sure that you make informed decisions because you can't take this one back. Cost will vary greatly depending on who you see. The best thing you can do is find a board certified surgeon who is qualified to perform these procedures. Talk to that person on several different occasions. Speak to patients they have operated on and when you are ready move forward.

Richard J. Brown, MD

Rhinoplasty and Chin Reduction Age Limit

+1

Rhinoplasty is often performed simultaneously with genioplasty to create a more harmonious balance between these two structures.  We typically wait until age 15-17 to perform these procedures to ensure that the face has reached maturity.  Each patient is different, so the decision to proceed is made on an individual basis.  The total fee for these two is approximately $8000, depending on exactly what you'd like done to your nose.  I hope you find this information useful.

Andrew Winkler, MD
Lone Tree Facial Plastic Surgeon

I really hate my chin/nose, what's the age requirement to get this fixed?

+1

Hello, it is advisable for a female patient to wait until she has been on her menstrual cycle for at least two years before performing a rhinoplasty. It is impossible to advise you without  photos. Have your parents schedule a consultation with a Board Certified Facial Plastic Surgeon. Good luck to you.

David Alessi, MD

Age for rhinoplasty and chin augmentation

+1

Rhinoplasty and chin augmentation are frequently performed at the same time.  A weak chin may be the result of an underdeveloped jaw.  If your underprojected chin is also associated with a severe overbite, you may benefit from a dento-facial evaluation by an oral surgeon.  Your dentist can determine if this is appropriate for you.

A standard rhinoplasty can be performed once you have reached both physical and emotional maturity.  In females, the nose is considered fully developed by 15-16 years of age.  Except for cases of severe nasal irregularities, I typically recommend that women wait until 18 years of age to undergo a cosmetic surgical procedure, as they are typically more emotionally mature and better equipped to deal with surgery at that age.  If you feel strongly about pursuing this option now, you and your parents should meet with a board certified plastic surgeon to determine your best options and timing.

Dr. Skourtis

Mia E. Skourtis, MD