I Hate the Lip Lift the Doctor Gave Me. What Can I Do to Redo the Big Scar He Left Me?

I had a gulf wing lip lift about 4 weeks ago and it looks terrible. There is a big scar on my top lip and lots of scar tissue. I'm very upset because I told the doctor not to do that kind of lift because of all the bad things I've heard about it. Now I need something done because it looks terrible. I'm very depressed about it.

Revision of lip lift surgery is possible

+2

Revision of lip lift surgery is possible.

However, you may find that you situation is improving, and that massage and observation is the best course.

After several weeks, when your tissues are more supple, you should review your results with your surgeon. 

Revision procedures including excision of the excessive red lip can be done to improve your result. 

Lip lift

+2

Ethicaly the physician is bound to perform the surgery that the patient signs for and requests.Did you sign a surgery permit and for what surgery?

The scar now is there. and we can not erase it. you need to wait till the scar has matured and settled. if it becomes thick hypertrophic then may be steroid injection will help but has to be done carefully.

Cosult a BOARD CERTIFIED PLASTIC SURGEON (AMERICAN BOARD OF PLASTIC SURGERY) , discuss the results, and your options. Once the scar settles down a scar revision will need to be done.

Revision of Lip Surgery

+2

For the present time, unfortunately, there is nothing that can be done.  You need to wait until the lip has healed more, minimum 3 months after surgery but more likely 6 months.  You may benefit from a small amount of steroid injected into the lip scar and vigorous massage.

Minneapolis Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lip Lift Scar

+1

Consider what exactly you do not like about your result, and discuss these issues with your surgeon.  Consider an upper lip mucosal excision which will thin the upper lip vermilion to better match the lower lip and perhaps give you some upper incisor show.  If the scar remains problematic, a variety of techniques may be incorporated to help diminish its visibility.  If you are still not happy, consider a second opinion.

Web reference: http://feelbeautiful.com

PHOTOS: Gull wing lip lift gone bad>>>options for correction

+1

The lip lift results are still early and it is likely it will soften and become less prominent. I have revised these scars using skin needling, fillers and tattoo for pigment restoration.

Web reference: http://www.bodysculptor.com/

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.