What All Would I Need Done? Nose Doesn't Fit Face

im 18, see this picture...my nose does not fit my face, and I really just hate looking in the mirror. what do I need, what do you think it will cost, and how complicated?

Nose doesn't fit face

+1

With the photos you have provided, removing the dorsal hump and refining the tip of your nose will help it to be better balanced with your face.  Consult with a board certified facial plastic surgeon and be sure to look at many of their before and after photos and that you like the results.

Web reference: http://seattlefacial.com

Rhinoplasty for bump and profile refinement, and reducing bulbous tip.

+1

Rhinoplasty for bump and profile refinement, and reducing bulbous tip. This can be done open or closed depending on what needs to be done after feeling and seeing the nose in person. Select an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon for the best results.

Reduce size of nose with Closed Rhinoplasty.

+1

I agree that your face is very pretty and IMHO, your nose would better suit your face if it was a bit smaller with a thinner nasal tip.  The dorsal humps should be removed and the tip thinned througha closed Rhinoplasty.  This would require medial and lateral osteotomies.  Hope this helps.

Web reference: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Whats-Your-Number-The-Palmer-Code/53723954087

Nose doesn't fit face

+1

You have a beautiful face and lovely unique features which include your nose.  I would recommend a rhinoplasty that woud reduce the size of the nose, reduce the hump, refine the tip and narrow the wide base while trying to maintain a supratip break.  Costs around $5000.  Do your homework and I suggest a board certified plastic surgeon.  Review many pictures of their work.  Best wishes.

Richmond Plastic Surgeon

Nose that doesn't fit

+1

You have a pretty face. I would refine your nose by removing the hump and refining the tip. You must not let this be over done. You do not want to look DONE.

Rhinoplasty to Balance Face

+1

Rhinoplasty to reduce the bump on your nose and make the tip more feminine would balance the other features of your face.

Columbus Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nose.

+1

Thanks for the posted photos. My guess/opinion is a full rhinoplasty. Best to see 3 boarded surgeons in your area. Average fee from $4500 to $8500.

Best Noses "Get Out of the Way" of Other Facial Features

+1

Hi Cos,

You are correct that changing your nose does not change the rest of your face.  What it does is allow the other facial features, especially your eyes to be the focus of your face.

You should consult with a few rhinoplasty surgeons and discuss your concerns about your nose.  You will likely discuss your bump and over projection of the tip on profile, and the shape of your tip cartilages.  The rhinoplasty surgeon should then let you know what can be done to achieve the type of nose that would best fit your face.  Do your homework and choose your rhinoplasty surgeon most carefully. 

Cost will vary depending on the skill and experience of the surgeon as well as geographic location, operating room fees and anesthesia fees.  Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Rhinoplasty Can Make The Nose Fit The Face Better

+1

The reason you do not like your nose is that it is imbalanced and not well proportioned. There is a hump in the upper nose, the middle vault is narrow and the tip is bulbous and prominent. Your nose lacks smooth dorsal lines and is overly prominent compared to your smaller feminine face. This can be improved through a standard open rhinoplasty taking down the hump, expanding the middle vault and refining and shortening the tip. Computer imaging, as part of a presurgical consultation, could show you how those changes would look and whether you feel they make for a better looking nose to you.

Web reference: http://www.eppleyrhinoplasty.com/

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.