What Harm Can Exercise Do After a TT? (photo)

Hello, So I am 3 weeks post op and officially stir crazy, I feel very good, just a little numb still around my incision but over all very well. Now I am a active girl and i really want to get back to my exercising. What harm can running do at this point? I was a runner till the day I had surgery....will it cause me to damage the muscle repair they did on my abdomen? I had so swelling, no bruising and only one drain. Please tell me its ok to run....

Exercise

your surgeon is the best person to advise you on resuming exrecise. he/she knows best what was done and the amount of strain and tension that can be placed on the repair

What Harm Can Exercise Do After a TT?

We CAN NOT recommend exercise ONLY your specific chosen surgeon should. In my patients exercise is OK after 3 weeks. 

Exercise after tummy tuck

You have had an uneventful recovery so far.  I can think of few better ways to wreck that than to get out and run.  Three weeks is not sufficient time for healing of this wound.  You run the risk of rupturing the suture repair of your abdominal muscles and disrupting the closure of the abdominal wound.  Sit tight- another couple of weeks and you will be able to get back to your normal routine with out any negative repercussions.

Doug Hargrave, M.D.

What Harm Can Exercise Do After a TT?

At 6 weeks after surgery this strength appear wounds have reached about 90% of the strength they will eventually attain.  At that point we'll resumption of full exercise is usually recommended by most surgeons. At 3 weeks the strength ("bursting strength") is only about half that. You repairs are at risk for disruption if excess force is applied to the muscle repair or the skin repair. 

I would be quite surprised if any online consultants suggest that you resume activities that your own surgeon has warned against. 

How soon to exercise after tummy tuck?

From your photos, you are off to a great result. Don't mess it up by listening to anyone else but your own surgeon! 

Exercise

You need to talk to your surgeon about your restrictions. That is the person to decide. Not us. Not you. Please do not be foolish. Your tissue strength for the incision and muscle repair is less than 50% at this point.

Hello

Running or exercising 2 weeks post-surgery is not recommended at all. You can open your incision, your skin and body is not normal. At 6 weeks is when you are able to return back to normal activities.

Stuart B. Kincaid, MD, FACS

Exercising too soon can compromise your recovery

It is important you follow your surgeon's post-op instructions as they may have different guidelines.You can start doing cardio at 3-4 weeks after surgery, but wait 6 weeks before you do anything more strenuous, like lifting weights and sit-ups. 
Having said this, however, it is important you follow your surgeon's post-op instructions as they may have different guidelines.You should begin very slowly and build up to your former intensity. Doing too much too soon can compromise your recovery and can even cause complications.