Will 800 Cc Hp Silicon Gel Implants Be Too Big for my Body Type?

Went to my initial consultation & after trying on several different sizes of HP silicon gel implants I liked the way the 800cc looked. I will be meeting with my PS in 3 weeks. I am 5'9" 200lbs & need to mention that I have scoliosis. I currently am a 38 A cup & want to go up to a size D possibly DD. I am looking to have a full but natural look. Will getting the 800cc implants be too big for my body type & how will that affect my back as far as pain?

800cc Silicone Gel Implant and Scoliosis

+2

To best answer your question, photos, your breast measurements, and the assessment of your scoliosis are necessary.  The following are some factors to consider.  Consult with your Orthopedic Surgeon to determine if added weight will cause problems to your back.  800cc implants will add 1600cc or approximately 3.5 lbs of load to your neck, shoulders, and upper back. This weight may significant stress to your back.  Don't concentrate on cup size.  There are too much variations in bra size from one brand to another.  Concentrate on the appearance you desire and the size that will complement your frame. Look at the breast implant sizes that are appropriate to your measurements.  A range of implants should be evaluated.  Make sure that you have a serious discussion with your Plastic Surgeon on the upcoming surgery.  I have implanted 800cc implants in women with your weight and height.  You are a tall women and will most likely do well as long as you and your Plastic Surgeon consider the above factors fully.  Best Wishes and Enjoy!

Fairfax Plastic Surgeon

Implant Selection Process

+1

Generally speaking, the bigger the implants, the higher the risk of complications.  In order to make an accurate size recommendation, I would need to assess your chest wall and breast mound measurements and characteristics.  Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.

Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.
The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.
I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.
Dr. Gill

Paul S. Gill, MD

Best Breast Implant Size/ Profile for Me?

+1

Thank you for the question but online consultants will not be able to provide you with specific enough advice.

Generally speaking, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering  revisionary breast augmentation surgery ( regarding breast implant size/profile selection) is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully.  Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you're looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals  with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining  breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals. 
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “full but natural”  or “D or DD cup” or "fake look" etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
 Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

3.  Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,  allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery.

I hope this (and the attached link) help.

Large Breast Implants for Large Body Habitus

+1

Whether an 800 cc implant is the right implant for your body cannot be answered here. You need a direct consultation and measurement and then discussion of your desires. After this, at your present weight, you probably will need a large implant to achieve what you have described you want since cup size varies by chest circumference. I would, however, suggest that you lose at least 30-50 pounds before you consider the breast surgery. You need to do this for your health and, with your scoliosis, prevent later back problems, and doing so will change the implant needed.

Robert T. Buchanan, MD
Highlands Plastic Surgeon

An 800 cc implant is large and heavy but may be the right choice for your anatomy

+1

An 800 cc HP implant is a large implant but if you have a 15 cm base diameter then you should do fine with this size of implant.  The real question is if your skin envelop will accommodate this large of an implant. For someone your size and shape every 250 cc of implant volume will equat 1 cup size.  So you should go up at least 3 cup sizes.  An 800 cc implant weighs almost 2 pounds so if you are already experiencing some back, neck and shoulder pain you may want to consider a smaller size. 

800 cc Implants

+1

Thank you for your question. In order to fit your body with the correct implants we would need your specific breast measurements and a photo. This would help us fit you with the correct implants to meet your expectations.

Lisa M. DiFrancesco, MD

Sizing question

+1

Which volume implants to use in order to achieve the look that you want is an issue that has to be determined in consultation with a plastic surgeon who can examine you.  No two patients are alike and therefore there is no useful formula based on height or weight for determining which implant to use  without an examination.  That said, based on your description only, I would say that 800 cc's might be a reasonable size for you.  Since those are the largest volume implants made by the companies who sell implants in this country, you can't go any larger.  I have used 800 cc implants for patients who were smaller than you and they did very well.

Edwin C. Pound, III, MD

What size breast implants?

+1

To be able to answer your questions, we would need (1) accurate breast measurements, (2) an assessment of  the elasticity of your current tissues (3) a photo of your desired size (because talking in bra sizes is not very effective because bra sizes vary with different stores) and (4) confirmation that you understand the increased risks of overly large implants (loss of nipple sensation, stretch marks, back or neck pain, deformity, sagging, etc).  Be sure to discuss all these issues with your surgeon before proceeding.  Hope this helps.

Victor Ferrari, MD, FACS
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

800 mL breast implants are quite large.

+1

Specific measurements of your chest wall compared to the measurements of the prosthesis determine whether a given implant is unsatisfactory. Having said that, 800 mL implants in most circumstances are acceptable but are very very large.

+1

Although they may not be too large for your body type, they may be too large for your breast anatomy.

One of several guidelines most surgeons observe is to avoid implants wider than the patient's own breast tissue. A high profile gel implant would require 15,3 cm (just over 6 inches), an extra-high profile 14.2 cm (a bit under 6 inches). Without photos or measurements, I can't say.

The other important factor is distensibility of the breast skin and tissue. Many women have breasts that just can't be stretched out enough for so large an implant. 

As to the back, all I can say is the most common symptom of women asking for breast reduction in back pain, and most get relief with the surgery.

All the best.