Hard Rounded Area on Right Breast After Implants

Hello, I was feeling my implants this weekend and noticed a inch in radius rounded area on my right breast that feels hard and dimply. It isn't painful at all, but I am worried my implant may have ruptured or something. I got silicone breast implants on Jan. 21 and am trying to figure out what this is. The right breast looks a little different than the left breast and feels squishier besides that area. I was going to go see my P.S. but his office was shut down and I am unable to get a hold of.

Lump after aug

+1

I think you should see a plastic surgeon to have this evaluated.At the very least i would consider a mammogram to see what this may be.

Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

New lump after breast augmentation.

+1

Any new "lump" or firm area in the breast should be investigated to rule out the possibility of breast cancer. Although the lump is most likely related to your recent surgery, I do recommend follow up with a board certified plastic surgeon. The lump could be anything from a fold in the implant, to a breast cyst, firm scar tissue or even fat necrosis. If your plastic surgeon's office was "shut down" I recommend you visit the attached link for the American Society of Plastic Surgeons. This will direct you to a board certified plastic surgeon in your area whom you can consult with.

Web reference: http://plasticsurgery.org

Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Implant problems 3 months after surgery

+1

Although it is hard to give you a definitive answer without examining you, I am wondering if your implant is actually ruptured.  Sometimes, if the surgeon is not careful, he or she can damage the implant as the implant is being inserted and not even know that the implant was ruptured.  Also, I cannot tell you whether you have a cohesive implant or the old style gel implant?  All these questions should be asked of your surgeon, but sounds like you may have gone to a surgeon who is NOT board certified by the ABPS.  In my practice, I take pride in getting to know our patients and follow them indefinitely incase there are any problems. 

Voorhees Plastic Surgeon

Hard rounded area on right breast

+1

sounds like you need a new plastic surgeon.  why was his office shut down and you cant find him? doubt anything serious, but i would get a new board certified plastic surgeon and see him sooner rather than later

Newark Plastic Surgeon

Breast implant lump?

+1

It is unlikely to have a ruptured implant so soon after it was placed in.  Most likely you are feeling a fold in the implant.  It is also possible that the implant has pushed to the surface a lump that you may not have felt before.  Or a scar lump may have formed.  It is difficult to determine which one of these possibilities it really is.  The best course of action is to see you plastic surgeon who can examine.  Whatever it is, it is unlikely to be an emergency and you can feel comfortable knowing that it can wait a little until you get a hold of your plastic surgeon.

Sincerely,

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Silicone implant age

+1

It is difficult to say what exactly you are feeling without performing a breast exam.. Why don't you make an appointment to see your doctor.

Silicone implant rupture after three months not likely

+1

The rounded area you feel in breast that feels dimply is most likely a fold or a ripple in the implant. Though silicone gel implants will ripple less often than a saline implant, folds and areas where the implant may become palpable do occur. A visit with your surgeon should be able to sort things out. As a caution to others, if your surgeons office was indeed 'shut down' you did not do your homework beforehand.

peterejohnsonmd

Web reference: http://www.peterejohnsonmd.com

3 months after silicone breast implants

+1

Without photos or being able to examine you, it is difficult to advise you. A silicone implant rupture 3 months after surgery is unlikely, unless the implant was injured during surgery. As the swelling goes down, you may be feeling areas of tissue that are still healing from surgery. This could also be a fold in the implant.

You need to return to your surgeon for a follow up exam. My practice follows breast implant patients for 2 years after surgery and offers free lifetime follow up for all of our patients.

Richard L. Dolsky MD

Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon