Hardened Knot with Lines and Can't Extend Lip After Facelift

hardened area with vertical line and creased skin after the face lift, can't extend my lip. knot in the middle of left cheek with creased skin, can't extend my lip all the way, is it normal?

Unable to extend lip

I am not sure what you are describing. You can not pucker?  This may be due to swelling and usually gets better. AS for a knot I would have to examine you or at the lest see photos.

1049 Fifth Ave
New York, NY 10028

Swelling and decreased lip movement after face lift surgery

Dear Facelift patient from Los Angeles,
In order to answer your question you need to provide some information about timing of the procedure and what other procedures were also performed at that time. If you just had the surgery within one week, this could be a swelling that will subside. However if it is longer than one week, you must communicate with your surgeon

Kevin Sadati, DO

359 San Miguel Drive
Newport Beach, CA 92660

Problems after facelift

It would be very helpful to know how long ago you had your facelift done.  If it was recently (in the last couple of months), then the swelling and firmness and movement issues you are having may be completely normal.  If it was longer ago, then you'll need to seek an opinion from your operating surgeon. 

Photos would be helpful for us to make better recommendations as well.

Carmen Kavali, MD

6045 Barfield Road
Atlanta, GA 30328

Decreased Lip Movement and Facial Swelling after Facelift

I'm sorry, but without pictures, and not knowing what was done and when you had surgery, it impossible to answer your question. Please submit more information so we can try to help. In the meantime, ask your surgeon for an explanation.  

416 N Bedford Dr
Beverly Hills, CA 90210

Swelling and firmness is normal after facelift.

Swelling and firmness is normal after a facelift.  It is difficult to know what you are trying to describe without a photo or being able to examine and feel the area of firmness ("knot").  It also depend on how long ago your facelift was.

Need more information to be able to give you any advice.

Richard H. Fryer, MD
Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon

11762 S State Street
Draper, UT 84020