Hard Vertical Lines After Juvederm Injected On My Lips, How Can I Reduce Appearance?

I had Juvederm injected yesterday to fill my lips a bit. The area between my upper lip and nose got this two vertical hard lines that I can touch. How can I reduce the appareance of this linnes?

+1
let the area heal and settle for 2-3 weeks, most likely the issue will resolve itself with time Best of luck

Juvederm Results

+1

You could have it dissolved, but usually the area will settle down within a few weeks after treatment. I would follow up with your treating provider for further advice.

Kimberly Butterwick, MD
San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

Swelling after Juvederm is common and should resolve

+1

Nicholetta,

The swelling you show is common after injecting the vertical philtral columns above the upper lip. This type of swelling should resolve within 2 weeks. Direct manual massage and compression of the columns can help soften the ridges.

Good luck!

Daniel Levy, MD
Bellevue Dermatologic Surgeon

Juvederm for lips and philtrum.

+1

Your injector probably injected your philtrum as well as your lips for a youthful effect. Please wait 2 weeks for any swelling to resolve. If you are not happy with the result at that time, return to your injector for assessment.

Martie Gidon, MD, FRCPC
Toronto Dermatologist

Philtrum

+1

The depression in the upper lip is called the Philtrum and is bordered by elevated ridges. Sometimes juvederm [or other fillers] are used to highlight those ridges if they are not well formed. Your injector may have done this in addition to the lips.

So early after the injection, what you may be experiencing is increased swelling. I would recommend waiting about a week to allow the swelling to resolve. If you are still bothered by it, then you could ask your injector to dissolve the product with hyaluronidase.

A.J. Amadi, MD
Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon