Hard Stomach After Body Jet Liposuction
- Asked by 6653anon in seattle
- 3 years ago
My stomach is hard in most places. I had body jet lipo 03/22/2010. I feel like I have loose fat in my stomach and when I lay down I feel the fat distributing however I lay. When I stand the fat or liquids slowly move down to my hips and below my stomach causing extreme pain very swollen to the feel and my stomach looks like a tire has been place around my stomach. I have the stomach band and it's very uncomfortable. Is my this normal? I have no happy results yet. Very emotional right now
Body jet liposuction
Your concerns may be lessened by seeing your surgeon. There is normal swelling after surgery but you should get reassurance that everythng is OK. Call your surgeon to schedule a follow-up examination to be sure there is no problem.
You need to have further evaluation for seroma
Problems after water body jet lipo?
I would discuss your findings with your surgeon. It is still very early and it looks as if part of your problem may be due to a seroma or compression garment wear.
Recovery from Body Jet lipo
Some of the post-operative concerns can be normal. Here are some ways to get best results for smooth contour after liposuction:
- fluid collection: This is known as seroma, which is collection of fluid. This can be easily diagnosed with ultrasound and drained serially.
- lumps and bumps: This is common after liposuction, with more superficial liposuction, using larger cannula, aggressive suction, or laser. The key to minimize or preventing this is using small caliber cannula and avoid aggressive suction superficially, followed by massage, ultrasound, vac cum therapy such as Velashape or Velasmooth.
- stiffness: This is normal event as the subcutaneous layers trying to heal itself. The stiffness improve over time and can be reduced by massage, ultrasound, vaccum therapy.
Recovery from liposuction in New York City.
2) If no seroma, we would send you for lymphatic drainage massage, which can help get a smooth result.
3) It's very early. You will not see final result for four months. But uneven contour is worrisome.
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.