Hard Spots on Breast?

I had a brest rduction 2 months ago and I still have hard spots on my breast will this go away?

Hard spots after breast reduction need to be evaluated.

+1

Hi.

There are so many questions like yours, and I ask myself: Where is the surgeon?

Call your surgeon.  At the very least, you need reassurance which cannot be given to you long distance.

Follow up with your plastic surgeon

+1

After any type of breast surgery, swelling can create areas of hardness that may take weeks to months to resolve.  In some cases the hardness can represent areas of fat necrosis that may require secondary excision.  It is best to have your surgeon follow your progress to assess whether the swelling is improving or may be fat necrosis requiring further surgery. In most instances, even with fat necrosis the likelihood of requiring further surgery is very small.

Robert Applebaum, MD

Hard areas on breast

+1

There are several possibilities for these hard areas that you describe.  I recommend following up with your plastic surgeon.  In most cases they will resolve over time, or can be aided by massage, but it's best to be sure that they are nothing serious.

Mennen T. Gallas, MD
Katy Plastic Surgeon

Hard spots after breast reduction

+1

I think you hae to be more specific about where the hard spots are.  Are they on the skin? ( i.e the incisions) or are they deeper in the breast ( like possibly due to  fat necrosis)?  Best to be seen in person.

Hard spots after reduction should resolve

+1

More than likely yes. Depending on the technique used, there are some areas that breast tissue is rotated and leads to a firm place. Usually massage and time will help expedite this softening. Make sure you mention it to your plastic surgeon. Best of Luck!

M. Scott Haydon, MD

Hard Spots on Breast after Breast Reduction

+1

The hard spots on the breast after breast reduction may represent fat necrosis, suture remnants or granulomas, or exuberant scar.  Any of these may resolve with additional time.

"Hard Spots" after Breast Reduction?

+1

Congratulations on having undergone the breast reduction procedure.

Although online consultants may wish to provide you with good advice and/or reassurance, your plastic surgeon is in a much better position to do so. Only after direct examination will he/she be able to provide you with  meaningful advice or reassurance.
I would suggest that you raise your concerns with your plastic surgeon.
Best wishes; hopefully, you'll be very pleased with the long-term outcome of the procedure performed.

Hard mass after breast reduction

+1

Any hard mass following breast reduction should be followed closely by your plastic surgery. Typically, a hard mass after breast reduction is related to fat necrosis. However, any mass in the breast needs careful evaluation by your surgeon. If these "spots" represent small areas of fat necrosis they may resolve by 6 months.

Jason S. Cooper, MD

Lumps in the breast after reduction are due to fat necrosis and will resolve over time.

+1

In about 20% of breast reductions fat necrosis can be significant enough to result in a palpable lump. This should resolve with time but should be followed by the plastic surgeon.