Hard Scar Tissue/Callus Like 1inch Thick Belt Accross my Lower Abdomen Aprox from Incision to Incision After Lipo? (photo)

Hi I am a 38year old male who just over a month ago now received lower abdominal liposuction. During the post operative period I had little bumps which where scattered under the skin but that now have smoothed out, but I am still left with a very thick and very hard Belt-like appearance below my skin which feels like extremely hard and thick scar tissue or callus. It is extremely noticeable and about one inch in thickness and aprox 30cm long from incision to incision. what do I do to get rid of

Hard Scar Tissue/Callus Like 1inch Thick Belt Accross my Lower Abdomen Aprox from Incision to Incision After Lipo?

+1

I would see your surgeon to determine if this is fluid related or garment related.  If this is loose skin, this is a different issue.  Give yourself at least 3 to 6 months to heal to determine if a revision will be necessary.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of liposuction and liposuction revision procedures each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Hard band under skin after liposuction

+1

This lower band can be a number of things-swelling, hematoma etc. No matter what it is it is too soon after surgery to do anything but massage, warm compresses and wait for spontaneous resolution if it will happen.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship.

Aaron Stone, MD

Hard Scar Tissue/Callus Like 1inch Thick Belt Accross my Lower Abdomen

+1

Thank you for your question and for the posted photos, which demonstrate the problem well. It is hard to imagine this is anything but swelling. I have seen patterns like this from ill-fitting compression garments-which leave the enlarged area uncompressed. 

My expectation is that this will improve over a couple of months. Things that may speed this is massage, ultrasound, warm compresses. 

All the best. 

+1

Options are more healing time, aggressive massages to are, external ultrasound therapy, all or revision via RF therapy after 3 months. 

A thick ridge across the abdomen early after liposuction is common and will go away.

+1

The photograph demonstrates a ridge secondary to swelling after liposuction. This should improve significantly and probably will will totally disappear after several weeks. A compressive garment will help.