I Have a Hard Red Bump on my Chin (Radiesse Injected 1mo Ago). Spider Bite? (photo)

I have this hard red bump on my chin that kind of appeared out of nowhere. I had radiesse injected in my chin 1 month ago. I recently developed a cold sore on my lower lip and when it started to scab I noticed a hard red bump emerging on my chin. Could this be from radiesse? It almost seems like a spider bite? It's not itchy, but it is tender to the touch. I tried to drain in by sticking a needle in it ( I know that's bad) , but nothing really came out. A little clear fluid maybe.

Need to see physician

+1

I recommend being seen by your physician. There are multiple possibilities of what this could be. By manipulating the area with a needle, you now run the risk of infection. I wish you the best of luck!

I Have a Hard Red Bump on my Chin (Radiesse Injected 1mo Ago)

+1

Yes, it's probably not a good idea for you to be sticking a pin into a bump on your chin after you had Radiesse injected!  It is, actually, hard for any of us to make a determination as to cause and effect.  You'll have to see your plastic surgeon who can, as a first step, indicate if the bump is even in a region that was injected, or how close.  That doctor can also provide treatment to the bump, whatever it is and whatever it's from (and you may never know).  Either way, I would advise an in-person consultation with your PS.

I hope that this helps and good luck,

Dr. E

Alan M. Engler, MD, FACS

I Have a Hard Red Bump on my Chin (Radiesse Injected 1mo Ago). Spider Bite?

+1

This cannot be adequately determined without an in person evaluation.  I would return to the injector to aid in this evaluation.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Bump from Radiesse or something else

+1

It would be best to follow-up in person with either your injector or another doctor about what this is. The photo isn't clear enough to tell if it's a bite, a cyst, a large pimple, or Radiesse. An in person examination will be able to yield you the right plan.

F. Victor Rueckl, MD