Hard Pronounced Cheeks After Juvederm Voluma? (photo)

I had Juvederm Voluma in my cheeks today and I'm worried by the results. The area of my cheek that was sunken and I thought would be treated was the mid/side area, but the Voluma was put in the top of the cheeks, on the side (so I still have a 'hollow' appearance when I turn to the side, one side looks worse than other). Where the Juvederm has been injected it is very hard and looks like two big bumps. Is it likely to subside or stay this way? Please help - panicking slightly!

Hard areas after Juvederm Voluma

+1

It takes a week or so for the filler to settle and the swelling to subside after filler treatment.  Best is to have a follow-up appointment ~ 2 weeks after treatment to assess the results and discuss possibility of touch-up/further treatment.

Toronto Dermatologist

Juvederm Voluma for cheeks

+1

Please don't panic.  It can take 2 weeks for Voluma to settle.  Judging from your photos, you will require several more syringes, probably Juvederm Ultra Plus, for your midcheek area, nasolabial folds and marionette lines.  You may also benefit from Sculptra to thicken your skin.  Make sure you are being treated by an experienced dermatologist or plastic surgeon who can assess your face and treat appropriately. 

Toronto Dermatologist

Lumps one day after Juvederm

+1

It is fairly common to have some hardnes and bumps up to two weeks after Juvederm.  It will likely settle in and be fine.  Try not to panic, because it takes a few days for the Juvederm to settle in and swelling to resolve. I like to look at my filler patients in 2 weeks, as this will likely be close to the final result.  If more filler is needed to even things out, it can be discussed at this time. I would continue to place ice on the area , as this can help with the swelling.  I hope this helps. Lana Long, M.D.

Cincinnati Dermatologic Surgeon

Cheeks after Juvederm Voluma

+1

I can see that the Juvederm was place high and along the upper cheekbone, which is resulting in a more sunken look in your central cheeks. This is harder to comment on without before pics, but let me say this. While it can be good to inject higher so that the cheeks are raised, I most likely would have suggested you get more filler - like 2 syringes. One to place higher and around your mouth area a bit, and one for the central cheeks and jawline too. Overall I think it would have filled your face out better and not given such sunkenness to the central cheeks. With all of that being said, please know you also have swelling and bruising too - which can persist for up to 2 weeks. Let the product settle and then assess. It's too hard to play a guessing game right now, so don't press on it, continue to ice today, and in a few weeks assess the situation.

Hard cheeks after Juvederm Voluma ?

+1

Your cheeks do look a little full, but I see other areas that if addressed would blend and create a more harmonious correction. So rather than having it removed I would encourage you to give it another week or so and consider adding another softer product to this.