What is This Hard Pointy Bump at the Tip of Nose Years After Rhinoplasty?

I had surgery to remove a bump at age 16; I am now going to be 23. For about 3 years now I've noticed I have a hard pointy bump under the skin at the tip of nose. Now I cannot say for certain WHAT substance they injected to the tip of my nose to perk it up, all I remember is the doctor telling me to massage it for a couple of months afterwards... Which I honestly did not do. What could be the cause of this and what can I possibly do?

Bump on Tip 7 Years after Rhinoplasty

+1

The bump may be secondary to an irregularity of the underlying cartilages or that unknown substance which was injected to "perk up" your tip. Get a copy of your records and have a consultation with a revision specialist.

Bump on the end of the nose after rhinoplasty.

+1

It is difficult to say what this is without examining your nose. See an experienced revision rhinoplasty surgeon to get the best possible result.

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.