Hard Points In the Tip After Three Months, Will These Go Down?

It's been 3 months and just and a few days and now that some of the swelling has gone down I can see hard tips on my nose! Will icing them help them go away, will they go down? I can see one side has it worse than the other, and that side is still more swollen than the other side. Thanks for reading and any responses in advance.

Nasal tip swelling after rhinoplasty

+1

This is still early after your nasal surgery.  I would continue to look critically at the healing of your surgery, but let more time pass before you get too worried.  It is possible that the sharp edges that you are feeling may be edges to resected nasal tip cartilages from the lower lateral cartilages.  If this doesn't improve for the future, it may be necessary to conceal or soften these cartilage edges with a crushed cartilage onlay grafts, Alloderm grafts or ear cartilage grafts.  It may not be required in the future, however.  Just give it more time.

Godd luck to you.

Hardness on the tip of nose after rhinoplasty (nose surgery)

+1

What you are describing is not uncommon, especially if you had rhinoplasty through an open approach.  The hardness may take 6-12 months to improve.

Please be patient!  Remember, going "in" for another surgery too soon will start the same healing cycle and you will be back to square one.

Michael A. Jazayeri, MD
Santa Ana Plastic Surgeon

Hard points in nose

+1

Tip work can led to firmness and maybe points ast he tip sutures try to yield a more desirable configuration.  The firmness may soften with time.  At this point you have to wait and see.

Points on tip after three months

+1

By three months after rhinoplasty the swelling is sufficiently down and if imperfections are present they will begin to show through. It is unlikely that any firm or sharp points will go down and massage probably will not help. At best you should wait out six months or more of healing, and if you are unhappy revision can take the points or bumps away.

peterejohnsonmd

Hard points in the nasal tip

+1

Without knowing what exact procedure you had and without photos, it is difficult to answer your question.  Swelling after rhinoplasty can take a long time (12 months+)  to completely resolve, and it is not uncommon to see some asymmetry during the healing process.  I would recommend seeing your surgeon so that he or she can examine you.

Michelle Spring, MD