Hard Pea Sized Lump After Rhinoplasty?

I had rhinoplasty (closed), I had the sides and bridge shaved down. I noticed just today after I got out of the shower that there was a pea sized lump ABOVE my bridge, sort of between my eyebrows more to one side of my nose than the other. its really hard, and really easy to feel, is this normal? Iam 10 days post-op.

Bump After Rhinoplasty

+1

10 days is very early after rhinoplasty as you have to give time for healing.  When rasping is performed during a rhinoplasty there is a risk that the bone particles form a small callous of bone.  Your surgeon may at first elect to observe the bump then attempt steroid injections if they deem it will help.  If a bony callous has formed, the ultimate solution may be further rasping of the area.

Miami Facial Plastic Surgeon

Bump after rhinoplasty

+1

Dear crookedtrees,

• The bump is probably just swelling, especially after a shower that can be warm enough to cause swelling
  • If you have any concerns, please visit your plastic surgeon for an exam

Best regards,

Nima Shemirani

Nima Shemirani, MD

Lump after Rhinoplasty

+1

It is difficult to assess what is going on without a little more history of the operation and a picture.  You ma have developed a late hematoma or a graft may have moved in the pocket.  Follow up with your surgeon to get this assessed.

Michael Sundine, MD

Bump between eyes after rhinoplasty

+1

The bump above is probably the upper edge of the nasal bone where the osteotomy to reduce the bridge stopped. We often smooth this down after the cut with a rasp, and it may sort out, though let your surgeon have a look.

Palpable lump in nose

+1

Without having performed your surgery or seeing photos or performing an exam it is very difficult to say what the bump is. It could be bone, grafts, swelling, etc.. Best to ask your surgeon.

Hard lump after rhinoplasty

+1

At 10 days post op you might be feeling the edge of an osteotomy.  However, if your surgeon put a cartilage graft in at the top of the nose, a radix graft, you might be feeling that.  Have you called your doctor yet?  He/she is the first person you should talk to about this. 

Stuart H. Bentkover, MD
Boston Facial Plastic Surgeon

Hard Lump Along Dorsum after Rhinoplasty at 10 Days

+1

The hard lump may be the palpable edge of the osteotomy site, but it is impossible to say without an exam.  I would ask your plastic surgeon to examine you.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA