Hard Lumpy Bulge on One Upper Cheek After Fat Transfer?

I'm 7 days after fat transfer, most of the swelling seems to have gone and left side looks natural, but there's a lumpy bulge on my right upper cheek that hasnt changed since the transfer.Middle-cheek area under the bulge seems to have sunk to its previous proportion, which makes that side of the face look older. Could the bulge still somehow distribute itself to fill the area below or is it a permanent distortion? If I gain weight to fill in the lower cheek, will the bulge increase?

Bulge After Fat Transfer

+1

You may want to gently massage the area to distribute the fat, give it some time for swelling to go down.  If the problem still persist a small injection of cortisone will decrease the lump. 

Too early to judge

+1

Swelling makes the final result in fat grafting something you must wait for. Don't judge yet dont be disappointed Just be patient

Richard Ellenbogen, MD

Lumps 7 days after fat transfer

+1

It is far too soon to judge any fat transfer result, and the swelling definitely has not subsided completely yet. At a month you can get an idea, but even then there is some remaining swelling. Any lumps this soon after the procedure are probably from some bleeding in the involved site assuming the fat was injected very carefully. Try to be patient. The most usual concern is how much fat remains after fat transfer, although I have seen a couple of patients with small lumps around the eyelids that had to be removed. 

E. Ronald Finger, MD
Savannah Plastic Surgeon

Too early!!!

+1

Fat transfer results are not complete until about 3 months after the surgery. Discuss this abnormality with your surgeon. If he/she feels it appropriate, there are some techniques that can be attempted early [injections/massage].

A.J. Amadi, MD
Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon