I Have a Hard Lump That Sticks out 2 Inches and Extends from my Belly Button to my Hip Above my Incision, What Could This be?

I dont have a picture I can post. I had a tummy tuck 7 weeks ago and my right side is not healing like my left. I had part of the large hard lump actually blow out on my hip. It liquified and the incision busted open and a lot of thick blood came out. I did managed to get a dr to give me antibiotics and its closed now. i was sent to a surgen and he wouldnt treat me. I put a heating pad on it every night but it has never changed. Its hard so there isnt liquid inside. Any clue what to do?

Complication after Tummy Tuck?

+1

I am unclear as to why you are not following up with your own plastic surgeon. If your plastic surgeon is not in your area then you should communicate with him/her via e-mail. It may be necessary for you to travel to see him/her or to  see another plastic surgeon in your area.

Online consultation in your case will not be sufficient to adequately diagnose and/or recommend treatment.

Tummy Tuck Complication

+1

You need to see your surgeon soon. You have already paid him for your postop care which is included in the surgery fee.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Fluid collection after a tummy tuck

+1

I would recommend you see the plastic surgeon who did the surgery.  It sounds like you have a hematoma/ seroma that is undrained.  With time, scar tissue around this fluid collection will develop forming a pseudocyst which may require surgery for removal and flattening.   Get it evaluated and drained if necessary right away to avoid this potential problem.

York Jay Yates, MD
Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon