Developed a Hard Lump After Schlerotherapy

I had a larger vein injected (schlero) & developed a hard lump on the back of my thigh. This was lanced but 2 wks later the lump has not disappeared. Will it eventually go? This was my 1st session so reluctant to return for 2nd session due June 9th. Thanks.

It will resolve.

+1

Sclerotherapy involves the injection of a solution into a vein to dissolve the vein. In the larger veins, the blood inside the vein may clot after being treated. This will usually resolve over time. Warm compresses and NSAIDS may help to expedite the resolution of the clot. Lancing of it as you had will also help but this may need to be repeated.

Naples General Surgeon

This is common and not of concern but...

+1

I strongly recommend you be on compression stockings to minimize this next time. This coagulum (which can be tender to touch) is from blood being trapped in the superficial vein when the vein collapsed from treatment. It is usually seen when reticular or varicose veins are treated, rather than when smaller spider veins are treated.

Web reference: http://www.drmarylupo.com

New Orleans Dermatologist

Lump after sclerotherapy

+1

After a clot is extracted a firm lump can persist for weeks. In order for you to feel more secure, you should await resolution of your concern and then proceed ahead.