Hard Lump Under Nipple After 6 Months?

I had vaser lipo on my chest (male) 6 months ago, I still have some pain from time to time and my left side is often sore and feels hard under the nipple and is tender to touch, is this normal or do I need to consult again with my surgeon ? Thanks in advance

Vaser Lipo

+1

You may still have a breast bud intact and this does not remove easily during breast lipo, and may have to be surgically excised.  The breast tissue on a male is like leather and very dense and difficult or impossible to remove with lipo techniques.  The soreness is probably due to inflammation from attempts to aspirate the tissue. Talk with your surgeon and determine if it is the bud and if removal is to be in the plan.

Danville Plastic Surgeon

Hard lump after VASER liposuction

+1

It is not uncommon to develop areas of firmness or tenderness following any type of liposuction.  Generally, these areas improve over time but if the firmness persists then there are very basic things that can be done to address them. 

For residual firmness, many patients benefit from direct firm massage to the area to break up and release fibrous tissue.  If the firmness persists, then fatty necrosis may have left behind a lump which can generally be removed with a very small incision.

Persistent tenderness can be caused by a number of factors but this generally improves over the first few months. 

Whatever your symptoms, the best bet is to follow-up with your treating surgeon and have them evaluate you for possible treatment techniques that can improve your symptoms. 

I hope that helps!

Gregory A. Buford, MD, FACS
Denver Plastic Surgeon

6 months after Vaser

+1

Vaser like any other form of liposuction can leave potential irregularities.  I think that with the Vaser and the laser lipolysis systems they may have a greater propensity for sensory issue changes.

Potential complication 6 months after VASER liposuction of Men Breasts

+1

Regarding: "Hard Lump Under Nipple After 6 Months?
"

I would advise you to see your surgeon again. The lump may be breasts tissue which was not removed at the original breast liposuction procedure, it may be scar tissue but in very rare cases may be breast cancer. Your surgeon needs the examine you and decide on the next step.

Dr. Peter Aldea