Hard Lump After Breast Reduction Surgery

I had breast reduction & was left with a large lump or hard mass under the skin on the top part of my breast. I was told it was breast fat- nothing to worry about. I thought it might soften but it hasn't. I have an upcoming appointment. What is this, has anyone ever experienced it and do I have to live with it forever? It can get sore and I can always feel its presence. I am concerned about pain with any future mammograms. What should I be asking my surgeon at my next appointment? Thank you

Sounds like you may have fat necrosis

+1

Breast reduction surgery tends to involve a fair amount of tissue rearrangement which can put some tissue as risk having an inadequate blood supply.  Fat necrosis occurs when breast tissue loses it's necessary blood supply and essentially turns into fibrotic scar tissue.  This complication occurs about 2% of the time.  Small areas will sometimes resolve with massage and watchful waiting.  Larger areas will typically require surgical excision.

Yuba City Plastic Surgeon