Hard Lower Lids After Lower Blepharoplasty?

I am 2 weeks post lower blepharoplasty including fat removal and muscle tightening. While the majority of swelling has dissipated, what remains are hard, puffy, and lumpy lower lids as well as local numbness. Is this muscle, cartilage, tissue, or just residual general swelling? I am aware that lower lids take weeks, often months to appear normal, I just want assurance that is not an abnormal problem that needs to be addressed before I see my doctor in 4 weeks.

Be patient

+1

It is way to early after surgery for you to worry about this. There is significant swelling in the first two weeks after surgery, and sometimes even longer than that. Furthermore, surgical scar will evolve and soften over a period of months. I would not consider revision surgery on anyone until the 3 month post operative visit, and sometimes even longer than that. Scars can mature for up to a year after surgery. Please be patient with your body and let it heal. Numbness can take weeks/months to recover.

Keep your four week appointment.

Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon