Hard Elevated Pubic Area After Lipo

Is A Very Hard, Hard As a Rock Elevated Pubic Area 3 Weeks After Lipo to the Area Normal?

Firm pubis after liposuction

+1

If you have had liposuction of the pubis in the past few weeks, it is not uncommon to be fairly swollen. You may need to wear better compression, but I would see your doctor first.

Hardened areas after liposuction

+1

I would first suggest that you start with better compression to that area. Any under garment that you can find with some compression, will help relieve swelling that most patients experience to that area after lipo.

Second, go see your surgeon. It is important that your surgeon looks at this area to make sure you don't have a seroma ( fluid collection) or hematoma.

Richard H. Fryer, MD
Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon

Prolonged swelling and firmness of pubic area after liposuction

+1

The pubic area is the most gravity dependent area of the torso and so it tends to be the area where blood and fluid drain. It is difficult to exert adequate pressure in this area and so this will commonly result in prolonged swelling and firmness.

Hard suprapubic area after liposuction

+1

It is possible that a hard area will spontaneously and slowly resolve but you should call your surgeon to be seen and evaluate if you have a collection of blood underneath which is referred to as a hematoma. Hematomas may compromise the aesthetic outcome.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Hard Area Post Lipo

+1

I would begin by visiting your plastic surgeon to ensure that you do not have a retained hematoma or seroma.   If not, I would begin frequent deep tissue massage to soften this early scar tissue buildup.   You may also want to consider a better compression garment to provide uniform compression throughout the lipo area.  I would expect this to improve substantially over 6-8 weeks.

Paul S. Gill, MD

Hard area after lipo

+1

It is not unusual to have areas that are hard after lipo due to swelling or even small hematomas.  These usually go away over 3 months.  If you are concerned see your plastic surgeon to see if this is something that needs to be aspirated or if it is small enough that it will resolve on its own.  You might try vigorous massage as I have many of my patients do this post op, but discuss this with your plastic surgeon first.

Steven Schuster, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon