How Hard Would It Be for a Man to Get Female Breast Implants?

I'm a man. and I am just wanting them. There's nothing wrong with that. I'm wanting about a large Ccup or a Small Dcup.

Breast Implants in men

+2

Placing beast implants in genetic males can be done and does not have more complications when done by a qualified Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. This is not uncommon in males undergoing gender reassignment. It sounds like this is not the case with you. I agree that it may be difficult finding a qualified surgeon to perform this surgery on you. You should not, under any circumstance, use a non board certified PLASTIC surgeon for this!

+2

The surgery for placing breast implants into a male torso is no more difficult than for a female. The difficulty is probably in finding an office that would be comfortable with doing the procedure in someone that is not undergoing true gender reassignment.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Should not be Difficult…

+1

I have had the opportunity to work with several men interested in breast implants ( to feminize the chest wall).  This is a different situation from trans gender patients in transition and from men who are looking to augment their chest walls ( pectoralis implants).
Nevertheless, this subset of patients is somewhat uncommon;  it is very important to  understand patient motivation clearly and to educate  these patients about the long-term effects of having  feminized chest walls.

Men can have breast implants too, with little difference in the surgery or satisfaction level compared to women

+1

You are right.  Nothing wrong with that.  The technique is very similar.  Usually we can achieve a large C or small D cup size in one operation.  The skin is usually tighter than on a woman but stretches out with time.  I have probably had about a dozen or so men that I've treated with implants, most but not all transgender.  As I recall, they have all been pleased and I cannot remember any of them having complications, although complications are certainly possible, just as they are in women.  I'm a little embarrassed I don't have any examples on my website, but I have the photos in my office.  I've attached the breast section of my website for your reference.

Eric Swanson, MD
Kansas City Plastic Surgeon

Not so hard.

+1

I have done this for two patients who were not transgender, were married (wives in attendance for consultation, surgery, and recovery with full agreement and support), and have much experience with implants in the genetic male chest as I do a significant amount of non-genital transgender surgery, and have done so for over 2 decades.

Of course, incisions and scars are irreversible, but implants can indeed be taken out (which I did in one of the two patients). The important thing is having full informed consent, and realizing that surgery is not like changing clothing you don't like--it's real surgery with real (minimal, but very real) risks and potential complications. But that's true about EVERY operation I perform for every patient!

I guess ultimately it comes down to being comfortable about operating on a person, not a gender, and trying to ensure proper informed consent is given and received in non-judgmental fashion. I have seen lots of delightful patients with various kinds of gender identity disorder who are perfectly fine surgical candidates. I know there are other well-trained ABPS-certified plastic surgeons like myself that feel the same way. Good luck and best wishes!

Richard H. Tholen, MD, FACS
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon