How hard is it to fix a pinched tip for revision rhinoplasty, and what are the chances of a good outcome?

What takes in place in widening of the tip? From what I read it seems this is historically difficult problem to have repaired with an exceptional outcome. My tip was pinched after rhino revision, and am looking to bring fullness back to my tip without over doing it, keeping harmony with my face. Is this possible, how hard is the procedure? Thanks in advance.

Pinched Nasal Tip

+1
Overly aggressive thinning of the nasal tip cartilage can create pinching of the tip with time.  To correct this, cartilage usually needs to be harvested from the ear or rib.  However, it would be best to consult with a board certified specialist in the face who can assist you with achieving the results you seek. 3-dimensional computer imaging will also help you visualize what you may look like afterwards and what may or may not be feasible for your nose.

Pinched tip repair

+1
I have presented to the Rhinoplasty Society a simple technique I have used successfully in over 100 cases. It is a closed technique and is very simple for me to perform.See my website  at beverlyhillsbody

Richard Ellenbogen, MD

Fixing a pinched nose

+1
Correcting a pinched nose is a common revision rhinoplasty procedure and quite routine among surgeons specializing in revisions.  Grafting of cartilage from the rib or ear may be necessary

Sam Naficy, MD

Pinched tip is fixable

+1
Yes, and experienced rhinoplasty surgeon will see this problem frequently and it's usually the result of over-zealous cartilage removal during the primary surgery.  It can be corrected with delicate cartilage grafting that will bring some harmony to the lower part of your nose.  Again, find an experienced revision rhinoplasty surgeon.

John Frodel, MD
Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon

Revision Rhinoplasty to Fix Pinched Tip

+1
The key to achieving the best possible result is to work with an expert who specializes in revision rhinoplasty. This is a difficult problem to correct but success will depend on the severity of the problem; I need to see pictures of your nose. Reasonable expectations can be established during consultation.

+1
Cartilage grafting can be very successful with an experienced surgeon.

Revision rhinoplasty difficulty

+1
 Rhinoplasty is  the single hardest procedure to perform in the field of cosmetic surgery and revision rhinoplasty is even harder, due to scar tissue and previous alterations to the cartilage. A wide nasal tip will require cartilage grafting techniques to the tip and side walls of the nose so it's also important to know whether or not there's any cartilage remaining inside the nose to be used for grafting purposes. Look for a very experienced rhinoplasty surgeon for best results