Hard to Deproject a Nosetip ? (photo)

I was at a consultation today and was told that the surgeon could only straighten my nosebridge and slim down my tip on the sides. But he told me he could NOT bring the tip closer to my face. I thought this sounded strange, since I've seen this been done on noses in USA. Does this mean this surgeon simply is not skilled enough to do this? Or is there another way for me to describe what I want? I'll add some pics of my nose. - Regards, someone who wishes she could afford going to USA.

Decreasing Nasal Tip Projection

+2

I suggest you get a second consultation. Your tip projection can be decreased but have this done by a very experienced surgeon because you want to avoid unfavorable consequences such as increasing the width of your tip.

Hard to Deproject a Nosetip ?

+2

No, in fact from the photo provided, decreasing the over-projected nasal tip is a main goal of Rhinoplasty in your case.  The created "after" photo does show a nasal tip that is indeed projected less.  An experienced Rhinoplasty Surgeon should have no issues reducing the nasal tip projection. 

Web reference: http://www.drfpalmer.com/Rhinoplasty.html

Rhinoplasty for de-projecting the nasal tip

+2

De-projecting  the overly projected nose and tip is common in our practice and it involves a full closed rhinoplasty technique. The tip cartilages are adjusted appropriately to de-project them , and the dorsal septum is also trimmed along with bone work which includes osteotomies. In addition trimming the caudal septum also prevents columellar show.  Please see the link below for examples of noses we have de-projected in our practice

Web reference: http://www.seattlefacial.com/progallery/overlynosey_photos06.html

Deprojection of the Nasal Tip with Advanced Rhinoplasty

+2

Hi Toast,   It is possible to de-project the nasal tip.  It is not "Rhinoplasty 101" but is an "advanced" rhinoplasty procedure that experienced rhinoplasty surgeons perform.  Do not settle for a rhinoplasty that will not meet your aesthetic goals, and choose your rhinoplasty surgeon most carefully.  Good luck and be well.   Dr. P

Rhinoplasty

+1

You need a reduction rhinoplasty and whatever maneuvers it entails for your particular set of problems. There is no problem with setting your nose back to your face a bit ( decreasing projection) along with hump removal, straightening and thinning as needed. All this could be done in one operation all at the same time no problem.

Miami Facial Plastic Surgeon

Deprojecting or reducing size of the nose

+1

Reducing the size of the nose is a common rhinoplasty request, usually at the bridge, tip, or both. Deprojecting the nasal tip because one may feel it's relatively too far out from the face can be achieved through a variety of techniques. Open or closed rhinoplasty may be able to achieve your desired results. Only after a comprehensive evaluation can a rhinoplasty surgery be able to determine appropriate plastic surgery options for you. Best of luck.

Dr. Chaboki

Web reference: http://www.potomacplasticsurgery.com/facial-plastic-surgery/rhinoplasty.cfm

Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

Hard to Deproject a Nosetip?

+1

Deprojecting the tip involves lowering the underlying cartilage framework and can create a situation in which you have to make multiple adjustments to retain a refined look to your nose.  Your tip can be made smaller and refined.  The hump can be reduced as well through a closed rhinoplasty approach.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties and rhinoplasty revisions each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Web reference: http://www.hughesplasticsurgery.com/Rhinoplasty.php