Hard Bumps on Bridge After Rhinoplasty

Hi, i had a closed rhinoplasty 3 months ago to remove a hump and shorten my nose (my nose was broken in the opp). I am overall pleased as it is an improvement but i am slightly concerned about this- where the hump was removed the area is abit pronounced and not a smooth curve profile which i hoped for. When i run my fingers down the bridge i can feel hard bone like bumps on the bridge, could this be the bone as it will stay or is it possible its swelling & the dorsal area can go down?Thanks

Hard Bumps on Bridge After Rhinoplasty

+1

Dorsal irregularities after rhinoplasties are not uncommon .As long as they are not visible  and only palpable it may not be an issue,if it is visible then it should be addressed by your surgeon.

Nasal Bumps after Rhinoplasty

+1

Irregularities of the bridge can occur after rhinoplasty, but wait another 6 months before judging your result. Your nose will change as swelling decreases and healing progresses.

The appearance of your nose after rhinoplasty surgery is more important than how it feels.

+1

It's common to feel bony irregularities on your nasal bridge after a hump was removed. But you should not be able to see these irregularities. If you're not pleased by the appearance of your nose, please bring these concerns to your surgeon. Most of your swelling in your upper bridge is gone by 3 months, so you may not see much change in this area as the remaining tip swelling resolves.

All the best from NJ

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon