Why Do I Have a Hard Bump on my Nose Post-op Rhinoplasty?

i had my rhinoplasty two weeks ago , when i removed the cast , i still had a hard bump , as if he never removed the bone that was there ! is it swelling ? is that normal , does it go away ? and if it does how much time will it take ? the doctor was supposed to do a high bridge but straight ! did he leave the bone there? im really worried !! it feels like bone , it's even not straight , one side is diffrent from the other :/ !! please help !! if any photos needed , i'll submit some !

Rhinoplasty San Diego

+1

Definitely send some photos so I can tell you what is going on. It could be normal swelling which will resolve or it may be a different issue. I would be happy to give you my opinion.

2 Weeks after Rhinoplasty

+1

At 2 weeks, you can appreciate very little as far as your final result is concerned.  Osteotomies may be perfect, but bony healing may not be.  Bony callus formation as bones heal is normal.  

Two weeks post rhinoplasty

+1

A firmness in the upper third of the nose is usually bone. At two weeks things are still  healing and it will be months before it completely settles.

Rhinoplasty Post Op

+1

As others have stated it is a too early to be concerned. Most of your swelling will settle within a few months or so but the final result (particularly the tip) with take about a year. Swelling can give the appearance of a problem but often times it resolves as time passes. I would sit tight and wait. Obviously explain your concerns to your surgeon. 

Scott R. Brundage, M.D.
Grand Rapids Plastic Surgeon

Bump on nose following surgery

+1

2 weeks is still very soon after your surgery, and you will still be considerably swollen. In general, 70% of the swelling resolves after the first 3 months and the remainder goes down over time. The final result of your procedure will not be evident for 18-24 months. I would wait a bit and see how you continue to heal. In the meantime, it would be best to speak with your surgeon regarding any post-operative concerns. He/she knows the extent of your surgery and exactly what was performed. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck with the remainder of your recovery. 

Paul S. Nassif, MD

Post Rhinoplasty Bump still on nose

+1

Dear HanyArdat,

Two weeks post rhinoplasty is to early to determine any exact results. This is the time frame that is important that you have a good surgeon patient relationship so that your surgeon will explain exactly where you are in the recovery phase. Each patient varies and depending on ethnicity, skin type, surgical procedures, the recovery period differs. Your surgeon will be able to answer your questions directly upon examination and hopefully set your mind at ease. Time is on your side and if you have the same questions in a month and you feel you have no answers please feel free to send some photographs to my email and I would be happy to give you my expert opinion! 

Michael Elam, MD