A Hard Bump on in the Right Side of my Nose Below the Corner of my Eye After Rhinoplasty? (photo)

Hello, I had a rhinoplasty 2 weeks ago. Even the morning after the surgery, and still with the cast on my nose, I could see a bump on the right side slightly below the corner of my eye. I didn't worry about it then, but it is still there after the cast was removed. It's hard, and feels like a bone. My PS said it is a bony callus which appeared in the place where the bone was cut, however I read that bony callus takes time to appear. The bump was there already on day 2. Please advise.

Hard bump rhinoplasty

+1

If it firm, it may be bony and permanent. Nasal and facial bones in this area do not ever form calluses as the heal by fibrous union and no not heal with callus formation.

Was a double osteotomy performed on the right side?

Wait 2 weeks then see your surgeon and have him palpate the bump.

David Ellis MD

Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Art of Facial Surgery

Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.