Hard Bump Where Bridge Was Shaved Down. Will It Go Away?

I had my rhinoplasty about a month a half ago. Soon after, I noticed a small bump where the bridge was shaved down (I also had a cartilage graft inserted into the top of my nose and tip reshaping) As the swelling has started to go down the bump has become slightly more pronounced. When I feel it, it feels like bone, and I'm scared it could be permanent. Unfortunately I can't see my surgeon for another month because I recently started college. Any help you provide would be much appreciated!

Bump on nose after rhinoplasty

The bump that you can appreciate on the bridge of your nose is likely caused by a few potential issues.  When the bone of the nose is shaved down or broken, a formation of healing bone tissue will deposit on the bridge of the nose.  This deposit is called a callous formation, and over time, the callous formation should resorb and smooth out.  Small irregularities of the nasal bridge following your rhinoplasty may be a spicule of bone that may need to be shaved or, more likely, in the case of cartilagenous grafts placed in the bridge, a small edge of the graft which is now more prominent and palpable since the swelling has subsided.  I would wait a few months to see what the bump does as steroid injections or other interventions will unlikely change the presence of this bump.  If necessary, a quick intervention which would involve shaving the bone or cartilage bump will effectively take care of the issue.

Chevy Chase Facial Plastic Surgeon