Hard Bump?

I had open rhinoplasty 4 months ago..and a hard bump appeared on the bridge of my nose..its not a bone because when i push on it,it flattens out temporarily..its getting smaller in time..will it resolve?

Nasal irregularites after rhinoplasty

+2

There can be bumps after rhinoplasty surgery.  It is best to see if this is bony or soft tissue.  Sometimes injectables can be used to improve minor imperfections.  In many cases the best option is to wait for a year to see the final result.

Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Hard Bump that Flattens When Pressed 4 Months Postop Rhinoplasty

+2

The bump may be injected with steroids, which are not without risks such as skin thinning.  Some plastic surgeons would state that this should resolve over the course of a year.

Residual edema after rhinoplasty

+2

There several treatment options your surgeon may recommend.  He/she may want to inject a steroid or 5-fluourouracil into the area to reduce the bump.  In addition he/she may recommend digital massage or taping to help expedite resolution of the bump.  

Donald B. Yoo, MD