Hard Bump?

I had open rhinoplasty 4 months ago..and a hard bump appeared on the bridge of my nose..its not a bone because when i push on it,it flattens out temporarily..its getting smaller in time..will it resolve?

Nasal irregularites after rhinoplasty

There can be bumps after rhinoplasty surgery.  It is best to see if this is bony or soft tissue.  Sometimes injectables can be used to improve minor imperfections.  In many cases the best option is to wait for a year to see the final result.

Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

3030 Lawrence Ave E
Toronto, ON M1P2T7

Hard Bump that Flattens When Pressed 4 Months Postop Rhinoplasty

The bump may be injected with steroids, which are not without risks such as skin thinning.  Some plastic surgeons would state that this should resolve over the course of a year.

435 North Roxbury Drive
Beverly Hills, CA 90210

Residual edema after rhinoplasty

There several treatment options your surgeon may recommend.  He/she may want to inject a steroid or 5-fluourouracil into the area to reduce the bump.  In addition he/she may recommend digital massage or taping to help expedite resolution of the bump.  

Donald B. Yoo, MD

120 South Spalding Drive
Beverly Hills, CA 90212